partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Dancesport organizations (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  OADA Ontario Amateur Dancesport Association
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: OADA Ontario Amateur Dancesport Association  (Read 4235 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:36 AM »

http://www.ontariodancesport.com/

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »

OADA has a new web page - and to be honest, about time - the old one was oddly compressed as if to fit on sideways screen.  The new one is spacious and well planned - congrats OADA Smiley

Its still at the same place - http://ontariodancesport.com/

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »

One of the first things DP and I asked when we got on the Exec was to fix the website.  They had been thinking of it but needed the final kick to get it going and into gear.  Much better than the old.  Did you notice the new name change?  All the province's have had a name change.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »

One of the first things DP and I asked when we got on the Exec was to fix the website.  They had been thinking of it but needed the final kick to get it going and into gear.  Much better than the old.  Did you notice the new name change?  All the province's have had a name change.
Actually I didn't - but DP mentioned it yesterday.  Whats the new name?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »

Ontario Dancesport or ODS for short.  Do you notice the "Amateur" is now missing from all the provinces. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »

CADA is now Canadian Dancesport (CDS).  Goes along with World DanceSport Federation (WDSF).

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »

Ontario Dancesport or ODS for short.  Do you notice the "Amateur" is now missing from all the provinces. 

Are they going to represent both ams and pros? 

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »

I have not been told yet but I am getting to wonder.  Was it just so the names match ODS WDS F etc. or is it because the Pros and Ams will be under one heading with two branches so to speak.  I think for the teachers there is only the CDTA and not broken down by province.  This way it would be.  Haven't heard much on it right now.   

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »

I would have thought that the Amateur dancers would have to vote on such a major change if that was the plan - but I am not familiar with the OADA constitution....

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:29 PM »

I think it has come down from the upper levels and out of our hands.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »

I think it has come down from the upper levels and out of our hands.

I assumed Oada was an independent organization - I mean they have an election for president...
Could you find the constitution of the organization?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:58:26 AM »

Here are the BYLAWS.  I haven't read through it in a dog's age so I'm not sure what is all in it.  When I see everyone next I will ask them about the reason behind the name change.  http://www.ontariodancesport.com/pages/BYLAWS2009.pdf

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 05:30:20 AM »

Well - its a bit ambigious.  The constitution is clearly as an amateur organization and any change in OADA has to be approved by the members.  However, there is this clause:

The relationship of OADA with all Amateur and Professional
Organizations will be in accordance with the principles and
standards of CADA as outlined in the National Constitution, and the
Bylaws of OADA.

Which, as I read it, could be interpreted to mean that if CADA changes its mission then OADA has to follow - and no approval by the members is required.  So that means we need the constitution of CADA and to know who has to approve that.  If its just the executive then no member needs to approve the change.  However, the wordiing is a bit not quite right - 'principles and standards' does not really include 'scope', 'membership' or 'constitution'. 

However, interesting as all this is its just a fun exploration of a crazy idea.  I'm sure any major change would be put out for approval to the members.  But we still wonder about the name change...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »

It could just be that the IDSF changed to WDSF and everyone is having a name change to match.  I am always suspicious of everything though and I immediately wondered why the amateur was taken out.  The first thing I thought was that ODS was going to include Pros and Amateurs and be subdivided into two groups. Pros and Ams but this is just my thinking only. 

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »

It could just be that the IDSF changed to WDSF and everyone is having a name change to match.  I am always suspicious of everything though and I immediately wondered why the amateur was taken out.  The first thing I thought was that ODS was going to include Pros and Amateurs and be subdivided into two groups. Pros and Ams but this is just my thinking only. 

Whats in a name Cheesy  As it turns out a lot.

Why not ask the PTB*

*Powers That Be Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: