partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 11:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Body school - for the cello...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Body school - for the cello...  (Read 1118 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: April 03, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »

...here is an amazing article on how to play the cello, if you like the quantal leap.  I think there are some amazing parallels to what DSV has been telling us but put in a different way.  Its about natural approaches to learning and doing...

http://www.cello.org/Newsletter/Articles/natural.htm

ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
drj
Bronze

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:01:52 AM »

That was wonderful. Thanks for posting it!

ancora imparo
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »

Thank you for posting that article. There sure are a lot of things that are of similar thinking.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »

intersting reminds me of that scene in the Witches of Eastwick..release your inner witch e-d

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

Oh... My... God. 

Wow!  Just... wow!!!

I could've sworn that article just described everything the man is supposed to do.  So the lady is the cello and the bow.  I had understood the "bow" part but I'm just now learning about holding the lady (cello) with the left arm. 

"The other principle for a reference in passing is the use of negative energy. To push forward through the arms would be "positive energy;" to pull back in toward the center of the body is the corresponding "negative energy." " - that's precisely what I've just realized.  Ballroom dance men are taught to "push" instead of embrace... and especially in my case, I was taught to hold out my left arm and create this stupid frame.  Most of the ladies I know are taught to return that tension in the frame rather than embrace her partner.  Like the article describes it, it's a very counter-intuitive sensation since the body is moving forward while the arms are pulling towards the center, but boy, does it feel AMAZING!!!

Thank you so much for posting this Elise.  Just change a few words around and you've got a great ballroom dance article!  Loved the parallels to walking.  Smiley
drj
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

Oh... My... God. 

Wow!  Just... wow!!!

I could've sworn that article just described everything the man is supposed to do.  So the lady is the cello and the bow.  I had understood the "bow" part but I'm just now learning about holding the lady (cello) with the left arm. 

"The other principle for a reference in passing is the use of negative energy. To push forward through the arms would be "positive energy;" to pull back in toward the center of the body is the corresponding "negative energy." " - that's precisely what I've just realized.  Ballroom dance men are taught to "push" instead of embrace... and especially in my case, I was taught to hold out my left arm and create this stupid frame.  Most of the ladies I know are taught to return that tension in the frame rather than embrace her partner.  Like the article describes it, it's a very counter-intuitive sensation since the body is moving forward while the arms are pulling towards the center, but boy, does it feel AMAZING!!!

Thank you so much for posting this Elise.  Just change a few words around and you've got a great ballroom dance article!  Loved the parallels to walking.  Smiley

Ahhhhh, how delicious it is to dance with a man who takes me into an embrace, rather than "assumes dance position" <swoons ecstatically>

ancora imparo
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »

Oh... My... God. 

Wow!  Just... wow!!!

Ahhhhh, how delicious it is to dance with a man who takes me into an embrace, rather than "assumes dance position" <swoons ecstatically>
trj - I'd like to ditto, tritto....quadrillionitto that sentiment Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »

Round School, but still the same principle of embrace and don't try to look good (listen to the lecture part after the demonstration):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TOX9ZdfM-k&feature=player_embedded
drj
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »

Round School, but still the same principle of embrace and don't try to look good (listen to the lecture part after the demonstration):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TOX9ZdfM-k&feature=player_embedded

<swoons ecstatically again>

ancora imparo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: