partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 05:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | |-+  Do you eat in your dreams?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Do you eat in your dreams?  (Read 1385 times)
GreenEyes26
Mind Workers
Intermediate Bronze

« on: March 24, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »

I discovered a few years ago that I can taste food when I dream. It's completely wonderful eating cake and ice cream and then finding out that you didn't ingest ANY calories =D.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Also, what do people think of dreams? What do you think it means if people can or cannot use certain senses? Some dream in color, while others black and white for instance. Some can smell and taste, while others cannot (or haven't paid attention).

"As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
samina
Silver

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

huh... what a great question! and... though have always been a foodie... am not recalling a memorable food-eating dream at the moment!

what sorts of dreamy feasting have you engaged in, GreenEyes? what a great idea! i may to order up a good feastie-dream and see what emerges!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

Nope. No food.  I did once have a bullet go in through my eye...  thank goodness that wasn't prophetic (least not yet Undecided )

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
GreenEyes26
Mind Workers
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »

huh... what a great question! and... though have always been a foodie... am not recalling a memorable food-eating dream at the moment!

what sorts of dreamy feasting have you engaged in, GreenEyes? what a great idea! i may to order up a good feastie-dream and see what emerges!

Nothing too extravagant...just lots of desserts and rich meals like casseroles =D. Probably other foods that one "shouldn't" eat, too. All the joy and the arteries are still safe Smiley. Perfect.

"As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »

Nothing too extravagant...just lots of desserts and rich meals like casseroles =D. Probably other foods that one "shouldn't" eat, too. All the joy and the arteries are still safe Smiley. Perfect.

Are you sure?  Perhaps you get virtual fats too ... Shocked Tongue

millitiz
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »

Are you sure?  Perhaps you get virtual fats too ... Shocked Tongue

LOL, can I "like" this post? Interesting enough, I had a dream of bullet get through my brain (and worse/better, I actually had dreamed the pain.) It took me a while to realize that that was a dream...still.

back to op, I remembered  me hearing sound/music (interestingly, normally I "see" words instead of hearing them in my head, with a few exception). Smelling, touching, but never eating. And I think it is a good thing for me - I mean, if I dreamed eating ice cream (with all the feeling) - I might as well fulfill the prophecy after getting out of my bed ;-). Double the pleasure, right?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »

gosh i cant remember if I do or dont I will see what happens..... Tongue but alas it would be great as it could be calourie free

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »

I've had many dreams where I eat to my heart's content, except, without the calorie content.  The food is always delicious, and what's amazing is that whatever craving I had for that food is actually gone when I wake up.  Those are the best dreams!  Sometimes I go back to sleep when I realize it was only a dream and eat some more!  Of course, the second time around I have a sort of awareness that it's only a dream, so the food is not very fulfilling.
Spiral
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:08:24 PM »

don't like food dreams. I can't taste anything, and wake up feeling nauseous as if I've eaten too much.

I'd rather have a dancing dream  Cheesy

To thy self dance true --elisedance
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 04:46:33 AM »

I can't remember ever dreaming about food.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:32 PM »

I can't remember ever dreaming about food.
strange that isn't it?  Is it because food is relatively mundane.  OTOH food can certainly make me dream Shocked Shocked
One bit of spicy chicken and I have a night with the next tolkein ring trilogy... Tongue

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 07:54:31 AM »

cant say if I have nor haven't but I feel that I have

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »

I'm never hungry in them either.  I mean you dream about water if you need to go, but you never dream about food when you are hungry.  Whats that about?  Is the stomach not connected to the dream machine?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »

well perhaps the enzymes don't operate when you sleep to make you hungry. like your smell is not working either when you are alseep.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 01:45:07 AM »

well perhaps the enzymes don't operate when you sleep to make you hungry. like your smell is not working either when you are alseep.
Yes, your sensory input is down.  But you can still imagine it - thus, you can't see when you are asleep, but you surely imagine images.  So why can't you imagine hunger?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: