partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:54:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Spring DanceSport Challenge 2011
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spring DanceSport Challenge 2011  (Read 1210 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: March 13, 2011, 08:34:56 AM »

May 14th& 15th,2011
Saturday Daytime - Pro-Am and Community Dance Groups, Canadian National Open Pro-Am Show Dance Championships, North American Pro-Am Show Dance Championships Saturday Evening - "Red Carpet and Black Tie Gala"- Professional Show Dance Competition, "North American Amateur Show Dance Championships", Pre-Champ and Championship Level Amateur Competition. First 250 Tickets receive a FREE elegant dinner. Sunday - Pre-Bronze-Gold Amateur Dancing, Children Group Show Routine Championships, Community Dance Groups. Location: Winona Vine Estates ,269 Glover Road, Stoney Creek
Contact: Tel: 905-681-0128; Fax: 905-681-1435(Burlington Social Club)
Mailing address: 2392 Cornerbrooke Cres., Oakville, Ontario, L6M 4M5

www.SpringDancesportChallenge.com
Info@SpringDancesportChallenge.com
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:44:05 AM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:59:50 PM »

This should be a great competition and Scott the organizer is working hard to make it so.  He is trying to make this a well rounded competition for both Pro/Am and Amateur competitors and this competition will be televised too.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »

This should be a great competition and Scott the organizer is working hard to make it so.  He is trying to make this a well rounded competition for both Pro/Am and Amateur competitors and this competition will be televised too.

I'm doing something every weekend for over a month, including  three comps - have to see if I can fit this one in... Undecided

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:33:45 PM »

Heading off for the comp tommorow.  Not competing in it, my foot still is not 100%.  I can do the lessons and general dancing since I don't have to push it but that is about it right now.  If I do it I will probably lose any healing that I have done since the Canadians.  Maybe Niagara in June and if not that then Montreal in July.

Both my DP and I are going to help for both days though.  We are trying to help at the competitions as a way of giving back to the events.  Without volunteers there could be no comps. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:27:45 PM »

Heading off for the comp tommorow.  Not competing in it, my foot still is not 100%.  I can do the lessons and general dancing since I don't have to push it but that is about it right now.  If I do it I will probably lose any healing that I have done since the Canadians.  Maybe Niagara in June and if not that then Montreal in July.

Both my DP and I are going to help for both days though.  We are trying to help at the competitions as a way of giving back to the events.  Without volunteers there could be no comps. 

Good for you R!  Can one work at comps and get paid for it without loosing am status?  I think one can...

[BTW there is a 'volunteers' topic - why not update us on your experience?]

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »

No pay, just a free service as a way of giving back.  Forget any general dancing, my foot was killing me from standing on it too long as it was.  For sure tomorrow I will call the doctor to get an x-ray done.

Hmm, a volunteer subject would be interesting.  I would like to hear other people's stories too.  I was very disappointed in the turnout of the amateurs.  Of the ones that did sign up many bailed at the last minute.  The Pro/Am and showdances saved the day.  The organizer was not put off by this and before I left he was telling me that he has some very big name people coming next year as well as some other surprises.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »

No pay, just a free service as a way of giving back.  Forget any general dancing, my foot was killing me from standing on it too long as it was.  For sure tomorrow I will call the doctor to get an x-ray done.

Hmm, a volunteer subject would be interesting.  I would like to hear other people's stories too.  I was very disappointed in the turnout of the amateurs.  Of the ones that did sign up many bailed at the last minute.  The Pro/Am and showdances saved the day.  The organizer was not put off by this and before I left he was telling me that he has some very big name people coming next year as well as some other surprises.

Fraid we were one of the no-shows.  Just nothing left after our trip to Mallorca.  We're cutting back on competitions too this summer.  But thats for another topic...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »

Totally understand your position, there are only so many funds.  One of our instructors had wanted us to go to Blackpool this year and I am so glad we didn't.  With my foot not up to par and the cost it would have been a killer for us to do physically and financially. 

I don't hold a lot of hope out for the Niagara summer competition if this comp was any indication.  It's also a sunday one which isn't an overly popular day.

Had some interesting meetings and connections at this comp. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: