partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 11:52:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Judging (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  How many judges?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How many judges?  (Read 879 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: February 26, 2011, 11:27:25 PM »

At your heats?  I've seen as few as 3 and as many as 9 (I think thats the most).  The less judges obviously the more 'noise' in the scores - and the more a biased judge can affect the outcome.

We had 9 for all events tonight.  I like that a lot.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:58:13 AM »

depends on whether it is a championship or a festival... we have 7 to 9 judges for a championship and only five for a festival (which you don't gain points for our win). Being an organiser of a competitions it is one of the largest expenses to your event next to medals and venue hire. Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:40 AM »

depends on whether it is a championship or a festival... we have 7 to 9 judges for a championship and only five for a festival (which you don't gain points for our win). Being an organiser of a competitions it is one of the largest expenses to your event next to medals and venue hire. Roll Eyes

Do the judges take  breaks?  I'm used to them switching each hour or so.  However, last night they had 9 judges and all 9 worked from 6 to the end (probably after midnight, I did not stay).  Kudos to them, thats a long time to be standing and concentrating.  And I think they did a great job.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:34:54 PM »

Do the judges take  breaks?  I'm used to them switching each hour or so.  However, last night they had 9 judges and all 9 worked from 6 to the end (probably after midnight, I did not stay).  Kudos to them, thats a long time to be standing and concentrating.  And I think they did a great job.

Yes, judges do take breaks even if they are not many. Depending on the amount of judges hired, the organizer and chairman/woman of the judges the break can be anywhere from 2 hours to several hours during the day. Most judges will be judging all of the evening sessions or at least a majority of the evening unless there are many judges hired by the organizer. It is a hard job to judge. Most judges need a day or two to relax after a weekend of judging.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: