partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 08:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Glad to find you
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Glad to find you  (Read 838 times)
GreenEyes26
Mind Workers
Intermediate Bronze

« on: February 11, 2011, 01:36:44 AM »

Hello,

I joined partnerdanceonline today, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all! Here is a little about me:

I'm from the United States.
I began dancing two-ish years ago on my college ballroom dance team.
Because of my build and personality, I seem to be more often quiet and reserved. However, Latin music fills me with energy and makes me come alive. It's my favorite style.
I love ballroom and Latin dancing for how it changes lives, builds communities, and gives me a heightened sense of living through body awareness.
I've been a performer my entire life, and so performing and connecting with the music are my greatest strengths in dancing. My weaknesses are the physicality of dancesport and making sense of technique.
I have a goal to compete at champ level Latin in three years.
I would like to teach ballroom dancing professionally one day, because I really enjoy students of all kinds.
I have a dream of being taught regularly by one of the "great" Latin/Ballroom teachers. I admire them for their knowledge, and of course their dancing Smiley
I'm completely fascinated by dance technique and theory. I want to learn all of it!!

Like I said at the beginning, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to talking with all of you. Please feel free to send me messages or say hi! Smiley

"As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:06:10 AM »

Hello,

I joined partnerdanceonline today, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all! Here is a little about me:

I'm from the United States.
I began dancing two-ish years ago on my college ballroom dance team.
Because of my build and personality, I seem to be more often quiet and reserved. However, Latin music fills me with energy and makes me come alive. It's my favorite style.
I love ballroom and Latin dancing for how it changes lives, builds communities, and gives me a heightened sense of living through body awareness.
I've been a performer my entire life, and so performing and connecting with the music are my greatest strengths in dancing. My weaknesses are the physicality of dancesport and making sense of technique.
I have a goal to compete at champ level Latin in three years.
I would like to teach ballroom dancing professionally one day, because I really enjoy students of all kinds.
I have a dream of being taught regularly by one of the "great" Latin/Ballroom teachers. I admire them for their knowledge, and of course their dancing Smiley
I'm completely fascinated by dance technique and theory. I want to learn all of it!!

Like I said at the beginning, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to talking with all of you. Please feel free to send me messages or say hi! Smiley

Welcome to you!
Nice to know you found us....and you sounds so enthusiastic about your dancing  so you will feel very much at home here! Browse the topics as there are some interesting historical threads and once you get to 30 post you will get to see other boards with some very enlightening dance information.

Enjoy and look forward to hearing more about you.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:02:21 AM »

Hi there Smiley

What a great attitude - and I can really relate to the technique thing.  I adore it - both in dancing and playing (I play the violin) - one lesson in technique is worth 10 lessons on steps.

You have one edge on me for sure: performance.  Thats something I have had a hard time learning to do without collapsing.  Odd to be someone who loves to perform and yet suffers anxiety when the opportunity arises.  I'm doing pretty well with it now, however, found myself a few tricks that work.

Welcome to PDOodle land - I think you will find a lot of technical gems in our archives - indeed I think you are just the kind of person to make the most of it - but check out the chat topics too.  It takes a little time to become established but I think there is certainly more of a family and supportive atmosphere here than at most other places.  And if there is something you do not like and want to change feel free to post on it in our PDO feedback area (see the PDO discussions board; it may take a few posts to see it).  Things improve after 5 posts - no more spam guard for PMs for example.

Anyhow, look around settle in and have fun Smiley

ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:45:39 AM »

Woohoo!

Welcome in Cheesy
samina
Silver

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »

welcome, greeneyes! thank you so much for sharing about yourself -- and i love your goals, exciting & inspiring. you sound clear & determined & from the heart with your intentions... wishing you all the best as you evolve toward your goals.

and looking forward to your posts here! there's a lot of good information on these boards... a great place to learn some valuable things. about dance & otherwise. Smiley
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »

Nice to see you here GreenEyes26!  I know you'll enjoy your experience here.  Feel free to holler if you need anything.   Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: