partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  What activities give you an edge with learning partner dancing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: What activities give you an edge with learning partner dancing?  (Read 4714 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »

Agreed.  In my case,once I learn to break through the anxiety in one activity, it's easier to break through it in another.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:18:10 PM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 09:08:04 PM »

I think everyone needs to do an activity that they fear to do in public. I did that with singing....I am not a good singer but still went to singing classes as an adult and he said I ws a good singer Cheesy, but it did help with performance anxiety.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »

It definitely helps. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:41 PM »

I think everyone needs to do an activity that they fear to do in public. I did that with singing....I am not a good singer but still went to singing classes as an adult and he said I ws a good singer Cheesy, but it did help with performance anxiety.
I agree - its what they used to call 'character building'.  But don't expose yourself, thats not a good idea... Tongue Grin

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »

I agree - its what they used to call 'character building'.  But don't expose yourself, thats not a good idea... Tongue Grin

I'm glad you said that, not me...

I'm told to dance tango well you need "attitude"

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 04:16:17 AM »

Attitude makes sense to me, for AT and *ahem* ballroom tango.  But not sure what one would do to develop attitude, or even how I would define it,if I had to.

Dona nobis pacem.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2013, 04:53:34 AM »

Attitude makes sense to me, for AT and *ahem* ballroom tango.  But not sure what one would do to develop attitude, or even how I would define it,if I had to.

chutzpah: Chutzpah (/?h?tsp?/ or /?x?tsp?/[1][2]) is the quality of audacity, for good or for bad. The Yiddish word derives from the Hebrew word ?utspâ (HuhHuh??), meaning "insolence" or "audacity". The modern English usage of the word has taken on a broader meaning, having been popularized through vernacular use in film, literature, and television. The word is sometimes interpreted—particularly in business parlance—as meaning the amount of courage, mettle or ardor that an individual has.

but what do I know?..Wink

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:24 AM »

Sure.  But how do you develop it?

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 06:04:35 AM »

I think you just do it, you don't develop I.  Just pretend that you are brilliant at something or have all the permissions possible - and then there Chutzpah!

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 05:47:33 AM »

I think you just do it, you don't develop I.  Just pretend that you are brilliant at something or have all the permissions possible - and then there Chutzpah!

To misquote; some are born with Chutzpah, some have  Chutzpah thrust upon them, and others are Chutzpahly challenged..

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »

I guess I was born with it, for better or worse.  Few things make you achieve more - or get into more trouble Cheesy Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: