partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2015, 12:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
117017 Posts in 1875 Topics by 227 Members
Latest Member: scotlanddancer8
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Exercises (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Exercises to improve posture for dance?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Exercises to improve posture for dance?  (Read 2178 times)
Some guy
Silver

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »

I'm working on it! Yeah, one of them turned to completely organic living, the other turned mostly organic and went onto win the U.S. National Tai Chi title after realizing that there is such a thing as energy that the body uses, and that muscles and joints are not destined for bearing any loads. Doctors get 20 hours total of nutrition information in medical school, if that, and the rest of the time they learn "everything else". How much do they learn about energy and how dancers can move the way they do without straining their bodies and muscles? Zero. Not even PM&R doctors who dedicate their lives to physical movement and rehabilitation are taught the first thing about energy or chi. One of the top PM&R doctors in the country told me that it's impossible to ride a bicycle long term without damaging your nerves at the elbow.

So yeah, the Body School needs to come out and permeate society, because it's in desperate need of it. Last I checked, arthritis wasn't curable, but I managed that feat just fine, having three different sports medicine doctors confirm the diagnosis in two countries.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 09:01:16 AM »

I'm working on it! Yeah, one of them turned to completely organic living, the other turned mostly organic and went onto win the U.S. National Tai Chi title after realizing that there is such a thing as energy that the body uses, and that muscles and joints are not destined for bearing any loads. Doctors get 20 hours total of nutrition information in medical school, if that, and the rest of the time they learn "everything else". How much do they learn about energy and how dancers can move the way they do without straining their bodies and muscles? Zero. Not even PM&R doctors who dedicate their lives to physical movement and rehabilitation are taught the first thing about energy or chi. One of the top PM&R doctors in the country told me that it's impossible to ride a bicycle long term without damaging your nerves at the elbow.

So yeah, the Body School needs to come out and permeate society, because it's in desperate need of it. Last I checked, arthritis wasn't curable, but I managed that feat just fine, having three different sports medicine doctors confirm the diagnosis in two countries.

well I have tried many things but considering my knees are suppose to be severe, I still walk and dance nearly every day I will never give up, I live in hope that there will be natural ways to fix the problem before I go under the knife again.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Some guy
Silver

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »

What are you doing differently that would enable this different result to take place?
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 08:32:37 AM »

What are you doing differently that would enable this different result to take place?

I am making sure I keep muscle strength to take the pressure of the joints. also trying to use the muscles in the right way. my legs have got more bowed and now and to unbow them  Lips sealed Being conscious of the movement to make sure I am doing it properly until I dont have to think about it anymore

Dance Forum
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 04:22:29 AM »

One of the top PM&R doctors in the country told me that it's impossible to ride a bicycle long term without damaging your nerves at the elbow.

Now that is just insane. I have never heard anything so ridicules before. There are countries in Europe where most of the population are on bikes daily. I have never heard or seen any issues with elbows being damaged by biking from any of those countries. That is just a load of nonsenses.

Sounds like you need to be the one that promotes the Body School to the medical world. .....And by the way my family doctor always said the arthritis is indeed curable. He was however himself a dancer and saw the benefits of good dancing.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »

I just came back from a comp where I danced the pants of many youngsters Cheesy if I listened to doctors I would be in a rocking chair waiting for the next TV show to come on.  Roll Eyes I am aware of the issues and keep going.  like there is nothing wrong, because I make sur that there is nothing wrong  Tongue

Dance Forum
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 01:35:50 AM »

Good to read QPO! Keep dancing.....

Edward Teller
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 12:24:06 AM »

I will I promise you Cheesy We are dancing interstate on the week-end coming and will be doing two different age groups. The challenge of dancing with younger people pushes to (mentally) to try harder dont know why, but perhaps it is to show them that the oldies can do it Cheesy

Dance Forum
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:23 PM »

Hope you did well!!! Cheesy

Edward Teller
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 08:55:28 PM »

we did very well Cheesy our dancing has moved to another point and becoming more consistent overall. I am being very conscious of my core and my space and jobs. Above all we try to entertain the public who come to watch and exude the emotion relating to the dance

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: