partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:30:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | |-+  rain and floods and earthquakes and...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: rain and floods and earthquakes and...  (Read 6074 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 04:57:19 AM »

well we even had a earthquake our way in the middle of the nigh.. thankfully it was out in the countryside.......and they have had aftershocks today

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »

We had a tornado threat just over a week ago.  We have never had a tornado threat before and my DP's city was devastated by an F3 tornado just a short while back.  Nobody was prepared since tornados usually are not something we have.  There was one about a half hour from here years ago and we thought that was a once in a lifetime oddity.  Now it may start being the norm.  Also if we have another year like last where the Great Lakes don't freeze over then the winter storms and snow will be major again due to all that open precipitation that is going to be picked up and sent across the province.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »

So what you are saying R is that the sky really is falling? Tongue Grin

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-20294489

how bad is it?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2012, 06:43:24 AM »

well this is not far away from me.....  still the other side of the gulf but it is not the first time they have had to deal with fire..... I believe that it is under control....but living out in the bush  it certainly has its risks and they seem to come round quite regularly.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30:09 AM »

well this is not far away from me.....  still the other side of the gulf but it is not the first time they have had to deal with fire..... I believe that it is under control....but living out in the bush  it certainly has its risks and they seem to come round quite regularly.
Is this early in the season for major bush fires?  I saw some pretty awful pictures of a burned-out village....

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 03:15:34 AM »

Is this early in the season for major bush fires?  I saw some pretty awful pictures of a burned-out village....

yes it is. we have had a lot of rain during winter so it creates a fuel load, which drys out very quickly  and there you have a perfect storm!

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 02:16:19 AM »

The Earth is really throwing out a variety of weather these days.  It has gotten to the point where you no longer can have an idea of what to expect.  Back in the old days you pretty much knew over the year what the seasons would bring and when, now we are barely getting proper seasons. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 02:47:26 AM »

The sad thing is that most people are just over the whole debate...they know things have changed but just don't want to do anything about it. I will be long gone when the Huh? hits the fan.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 06:37:15 AM »

I will be long gone when the Huh? hits the fan.

The rate things are going somehow I don't think so.  The biggest problem is that we are not voting in leaders who have the intellect to grasp what is going on.  Really we need a social revolution but everyone would rather think about their own little lives.  Perhaps if they started thinking of the fate of their children and progeny things might change...

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »

We all have to learn to deal with the unexpected. Change is a constant in the Universe and now Mother Earth is showing a change that is more dramatic than what we are used to. This way of change may mess up what we are used to but Mother Earth have put up with our change of the surface for a long time. She is just fighting back and putting things right. Humanity is very adaptable and we will learn to deal with it.  Smiley

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »

yes - as long as the earth stays within the range that we can survive.  Many planets are inhospitable because of atmosphere, lack of water or temperature (amongst others of course).  There is no reason why we could not throw earth off axis for any of these essentials.  Besides, one of the main adaptations of humans to lack of resources is - war.  And war now, one involving any power, could be an end by itself.

So yes, I believe we can adapt - but I am not convinced that we have the collective willpower to do so.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 12:22:09 AM »

Oh I know that as a species we will adapt but one hopes that the change is not catastrophic... so we end up like Mars....but mothe nature will fight bck....but the fight at the moment is 6 billion to one! Shocked

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 02:28:24 AM »

Like in that t.v. series "Life After Human's"  in the end there was not one thing that men made, above ground or under, stonghold or not, that mother nature will not reclaim in the end.  We will have our pathetic existance wiped away and nature will chalk it up to "note to self, do not create humans again".  Smiley

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 04:43:51 AM »

Like in that t.v. series "Life After Human's"  in the end there was not one thing that men made, above ground or under, stonghold or not, that mother nature will not reclaim in the end.  We will have our pathetic existance wiped away and nature will chalk it up to "note to self, do not create humans again".  Smiley

but you can say that about everything that mother nature has created herself too, just will take a bit longer... Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: