partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:10:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116401 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  La Classic du Quebec 2011
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: La Classic du Quebec 2011  (Read 1322 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: January 02, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »

Who's going this year?  This is one of my favorites...
Feb 10-13th 2011 at the Hilton Bonaventure Hotel, Montreal:

http://laclassiqueduquebec.com/laclassiqueduquebec.com/La_Classique_du_Quebec.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:53:50 AM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

We're going! This year we're joining some friends to share a room and the trip back. Following your advice and going up by train. Looking forward to getting to know our friends a little better, Horace and Agnes and Marija and hubby.

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »

Not this year for us I think.  I have another commitment and not sure I can get out of it.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »

Looking forward to this one - though I have to take work with me.  Win/loose its a lovely comp.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »

Good luck to everyone.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:56:09 PM »

Thanks. Elise there are a number of schedule changes, check the website. See  you there
clinton

~Vicki Baum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 04:00:12 AM »

Thanks. Elise there are a number of schedule changes, check the website. See  you there
clinton
Yes I got it - the priceless one is the move of the SrII pre-champ semi to first thing - 8 am saturday!!  Haven't done that since pro-am Tongue 

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »

Have a good time both of you.  In the long run this is the most important thing.  If you win this is good but it is the time you have together and the new friends that you make that you will always remember.  We made new friends in Ottawa and Montreal and we found that this is what we remember and cherish over the wins.  If you don't do well it is fine too.  Remember that most of the people toward the top are fairly equal and it could be anybodys day depending on if the chips fall your way or theirs at that time.  Count your blessings anyways that you are lucky enough to be able to dance and have someone to do it with.   

cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »

How true.

I threw my back out last night. Oh joy. Interestingly I went to this competition last year in the same straights - my back was killing me and I was on painkillers and muscle relaxants and whatnot, with my legs in the air on the bed recuperating between bouts. Looks like it's going to be the same deal this year. Oh well, hopefully I'll be better in time for Ontario Closed. Well, we've already spent the money and put the time in so we're going, though I may have to be carried out onto the floor.

I see now why trainers don't allow fighters conjugal visits the night before the fight. hahaha. That's a lesson I should learn!

~Vicki Baum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: