partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Calamities (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Australian floods
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Australian floods  (Read 3183 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:47 PM »

well it just about to impact in a few hours it is bigger than Katrina and will continue to by a cylcone 400km inland which have never been heard of before....those that were telling us about the changes to the weather they said there were be more intense storms and they are right, but the sceptics say that this is still not evidence!

I dont know what they need for proof. It is so frustrating as if they a wrong they have ruideed our future Undecided

On the cyclone front we wait to see what the next few hours brings...they have given so much information and preparation to residents of this area fingers crossed fatalities will be low.
I look at it this way.  It is better to error on the side of caution.  If we take major environmental clean up steps it may cost us in money but it will pay huge dividends.  If there is no "greenhouse effect" or "polar shift" we still come out with a cleaner and better planet.  If we do nothing because we think it is bogus and nothing happens we save money but still have a polluted planet.  If they were right we are dead.  Hmmm, and they are uncertain what to do?   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 12:21:01 PM »

Well with the polar shift that just happened I think that should be a huge flag.  Of course if what they think caused the shift is true there is absolutely nothing we can do.  Still, we have to think of future generations and not just ourselves.  Honestly I get to think that a huge plague hitting the human species may be a disaster for us but a needed Godsend for the planet and all the rest of the life forms on it.  The sooner we are gone may be the better for all the rest.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
samina
Silver

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »

the tools, methods, and intent to weaponize weather have been around for decades -- i believe it was actually stated back in the 70s that the US government wanted to be able to fully weaponize the weather by 2025, and the ability to enhance storms has been around since mebbe the 60s. with HAARP, they have their toy, and yet there is no "sandbox" where they can safely experiment with it -- it's one planet, one atmosphere.

so many questions that bear asking...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »

You are not suggesting that this cyclone was man made are you Sam Huh

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 04:13:01 PM »

there are tools & intentions that have been staffed & funded without accountability or transparency for a long time... and massive bizarre, unprecedented, or "historic" weather events, starting at least with katrina.

i'm saying there are questions that can't be answered unless they're asked... not saying i know what those answers are.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

sorry, but I think thats a bit nutsy.  Again the thought that such technology would be developed to the point of execution without information leaking just does not sound like any government organization I've ever seen (or worked in).

samina
Silver

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »

it is not hard at all to find information on the subject. the question is... what is the information that *hasn't* been revealed?
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »

Or, it could just be a natural phenomenon such as La Nina or El Nino...augmented by global warming.
samina
Silver

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »

perhaps... i don't know. certainly that's what we generally assume.

just pointing out, in the light of mention of polar shifting, climate change, and something needing to be done, that another set of facts that may bear investigation.

the gathering of facts and dispassionate following of the tale they tell being the scientific way, after all...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

just pointing out, in the light of mention of polar shifting, climate change, and something needing to be done, that another set of facts that may bear investigation.

the gathering of facts and dispassionate following of the tale they tell being the scientific way, after all...
There are an infinite number of facts that you could gather - so the 'scientific way' is generally to have a good idea - hypothesis - to base your investigation on.  Somehow a weather conspiracy doesn't seem compelling for a hypothesis to test - I'd rather go with non/global warming idea...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »

I guess in the long run nothing should be ruled out.  Governments count on things seeming implausible to cover up the plausible.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:48:36 PM by Rugby » Logged

samina
Silver

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »

There are an infinite number of facts that you could gather - so the 'scientific way' is generally to have a good idea - hypothesis - to base your investigation on.  Somehow a weather conspiracy doesn't seem compelling for a hypothesis to test - I'd rather go with non/global warming idea...
I'm not advocating conspiracy theory. I'm advocating research & inquiry. There are facts to be explored & considered. Whether they interest you & persuade you as worth your time, that's a different matter. Just sayin'...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 02:44:28 AM »

I do agree that we should keep an open mind.  I try to - its just that you can be just as blinded by a 'too' open mind as by a closed one. 

What I mean is that a truly open mind would also consider (in this case) aleins trying wipe out the human race; seeding of cyclones by plastic bags in the atmosphere; etc etc (I am being obtuse on purpose) but the point is the possibiliites are so endless time spent thinking about them is a hazzard in itself.  Don't get me wrong, its actually good that SOME people do this because the most extraordinary possibility could be true and the people that do this are in a position to alert the rest of us.  My 'purpose' however is not to act as an alerter to the infinitely unlikely but as an evaluator of the likely.  Everyone has to select their own role - and having some perspective and interest is surely better than none, regardless of the liklihood of being right.

I hope I explain that well enough.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 02:59:25 AM »

well we were extremely fortunate to have it pass without any fatalities, I believe the authorities provided ample warning and support for people whose homes could be effected to get out.

there was wide spread damage but most of the house that had been effected by previous cyclones stood up to this one, the most powerful on record. It was still going to be a cyclone 300km inland which is unheard of.  Now the secondary issue is flooding from the huge amount of rain that has fallen.

so one hurdle down and another to go...and the cyclone season is not finished  Undecided
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:50:58 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 03:39:26 AM »

thats definitely good news... Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: