partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Calamities (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Australian floods
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Australian floods  (Read 3226 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: December 31, 2010, 05:50:35 AM »

Just reading about these - where the heck did all that water come from, a flood the size of France?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »

I'm just hearing about them too, apparently. When did they happen?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »

not did, are...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »

I'm just hearing about them too, apparently. When did they happen?

You must have been out partying  Shocked. it is on the news everyday.... I have not looked today but it is enourmous.... Southern Qld has had so much rain, and the north part of NSW.

there is more tropical storm activity and the rivers just break their banks and spread out, these places have been under 9-11 metres of water. It is heart breaking for them I am sure.

Perth is searing and burning up  and we have been lucky in the middole...some hot weather but mostly moderate temepratures an rain but nothing that they system cant handle.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 03:53:23 AM »

Whoops...I have been living under a rock.

I don't usually read newspapers/watch the news...I should probably start doing so.

We've been lucky to miss out on floods...I'm not sure where the water comes from...our weather has been very temperamental. Hot and then stormy. This time of year no-one really expects flooding, either, so there are less preparations just in case.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 06:59:26 AM »

Whoops...I have been living under a rock.

I don't usually read newspapers/watch the news...I should probably start doing so.

We've been lucky to miss out on floods...I'm not sure where the water comes from...our weather has been very temperamental. Hot and then stormy. This time of year no-one really expects flooding, either, so there are less preparations just in case.
I don't like newspapers (too dramatic on everything) or TV (ditto and can't stand ads).  Indeed, I don't like any news service that 'yells' at you.  So to keep up with the news I made Yahoo news my home page.  Its all there but you can poke at it rather that have it rammed down your throat.  As the home page I get a glimpse every day.  Works for me anyway....

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »

Can't believe it -
"Australia's flood-stricken state of Queensland closed major coal ports, evacuated tourists from vulnerable resorts and warned of heavy rain on Monday ahead of a massive cyclone"

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 03:31:46 AM »

I know you think it cant get any worse and guess what it can.. the cyclone is huge Shocked very scary people have been told to evacuated

Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »

and this is occurring at the same time as the freakish giganto-storm here in the states. i don't think it's unreasonable to have questions here as to whether these storms are the result of purposeful weather modification activities...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »

The magnetic pole shifted 500 miles then went back to it's normal position.  Now they are worried that it may happen again.
the snows up here are bad because the Great Lakes are not freezing over like they should.  The weather being warmer then normal is affecting them.  With open water the winds pick up the extra precipation and walah, snow storms more intense than normal.  They were saying on the weather channel and news that next year will be even worse.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 03:07:19 AM »

well it just about to impact in a few hours it is bigger than Katrina and will continue to by a cylcone 400km inland which have never been heard of before....those that were telling us about the changes to the weather they said there were be more intense storms and they are right, but the sceptics say that this is still not evidence!

I dont know what they need for proof. It is so frustrating as if they a wrong they have ruideed our future Undecided

On the cyclone front we wait to see what the next few hours brings...they have given so much information and preparation to residents of this area fingers crossed fatalities will be low.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »

Yes it is bigger than tasmania the eye is 35km wide.......it is expected to come over in two hours, they are currently experience eheavy winds and rain...so I pray for all of them....and the poor animlas that have to fend foir themselves Undecided

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 07:04:03 AM »

the latest report is that it has slowed slightly which then changes the tracking of the storm. tidla surges may not be as high but the other side is that winds will be stronger and stay around longer.

Those that have chosen to stay in their homes canot be helped and have to ride it out now. Cry

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 07:08:27 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=501833583817&set=a.448564318817.241168.676968817

here is a link to a photo to put it in perspective, it virtually covers the US... I am off to bed  I will wake to hear what has happened. god bless them all.

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: