partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  How are Crystal Clover dance wear?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How are Crystal Clover dance wear?  (Read 1694 times)
GoldStar
pre-bronze

« on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:11 AM »

I wrote this message also in DF and get no responses.. I need to get myself quickly some pracrice dancewear.
I use regular 100% cotton shirts which make me sweat more, are not flexible and makes it hard to watch my joints. So I really need a good stretch shirt.

I found a really great deal on a website of a company named "Crystal Clover":
http://www.crystal-clover.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=1803&categoryId=42

Finally, this package consists shirt and a trouser for practice, which makes it ideal for me.

Someone heard about this company? do their shirts stretch well? I have some extra weight and I'm a little bit affriad it won't fit (not so much extra weight though).

Is it matter that I dance Smooth and not Standard? I don't belive it is but I'm asking just to be sure.

For my income it's a huge deal for me.. so I really want to get the good stuff once.

If you say that Sapiel is another thing totally.. I will consider ordering it. It's much more expensive but I prefer one expensive shirt that I will wear daily than one shirt which is less expensive but I will really regret I ordered. I will find the money if this is the case.

I need it for practice for the time being.. but I might use it for the studio showcases. Comfort when practice is the target. Shirt that will breath fine, will give me a free movement and a really nice look.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:59:12 AM »

Fraid I don't know much in this area.  I did look at the site and shirt - looks nice but I could not find information on what the materials are made of.  I suggest you contact the vendor and ask.  Usually, if there are no natural fibers in the weave, the material does not take perspiration (or body odors) very well.  OTOH I have no idea if this is included in any men's practise wear.

Its the reason I actually get ordinary street clothes - cotton tops with a washable cotton/mix skirt - for practise.  Sports wear can be particularly good since its designed for the purpose.  However, if you are at a studio where practise-fashion is important (as it is in many) then this might not be possible.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
GoldStar
pre-bronze

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:13:23 AM »

I'm in Arthur Murray studio..

The last thing which is important is fashion  Undecided
In my studio, Jeans and a T-shirt is the common wear.

But also, the most of the other students  are 50+ and just want to dance for fun.
I am 18 and I really want to compete and go to the best I can.

For this reason, I practiceso much..
And I need a shirt which will provide me comfort but also nice look for shows (As I said before, practice shirt will be more than ok in our shows also)
and the most important shirt that will make it possible to watch my joints when I'm dancing because I think it will help me to find what I'm doing wrong.

I saw that malakawala wrote he uses their stuff, they are very known company, I feel sure it will be just fine.
But still, I want to be really sure I am making the right decision because it is a large amount of money considering my income.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:14:42 AM »

Lets hope someone else here has experience...

GoldStar
pre-bronze

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 05:15:30 AM »

Just got my practice shirt and trousers.

I must say, Crystal Clover has the best cutomers service I have ever faced.
The order got to Israel in 3 days (I used express delivery) and the guy who took care of me
really did everything I asked for and more to help me pay less high Israelian taxes.

The shirt is very comfort. Because I'm a fat dude and a really tall one also (I'm 1.86 meters) it's a little bit uncomfort when I do
let's say a big rise in Waltz to enter the promenade. But otherwise it is really comfort, I haven't wear any other companys' dance wear
but I must say that If I order again, it will be with Crystal Clover for sure.

If it is good on me It must be a great quality of fabric.
Tomer

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 05:22:52 AM »

Congrats!  What a nice Christmas present to yourself...
[Better stay off all the leftovers though Cheesy ]

pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 03:31:47 PM »

Just saw this thread - was going to say that they have excellent customer service (based on the one time I bought from them).  I haven't bought any dancewear from them so can't comment on that.

Dance like you're going to fall over
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »

Just thought I'd mention that I went to Crystal Clover's shop in Cheam when I was in London recently. They are located a couple of doors down from the famous Dance Options dance studio at Cheam (I saw Arunus and Mirko there). I've heard that Crystal Clover employs international dancers to do various jobs. I saw a top Australian boy sweeping, another top girl issued me with an invoice when I made some purchases. Others do diamante work for them. So I think it's a very good business to support as they are obviously helping out struggling international dancers. Also, for those interested, Crystal Clover is on facebook.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:34:58 PM by maccer » Logged
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »

thats good to hear I will look out for their products.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:37:35 AM by elisedance » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

Wow. It's a bit pricey unless you're looking to use plain black practice wear as costuming.

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »

yes they are a bit pricey but seem to last and wear pretty well.

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »

IME, the word ballroom is like the word bridal.  Add it as an adjective and triple the price. *sigh* 

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 06:08:58 AM »

well I am sure...any sport has its issues. my daughter is a runner, her shoes are expensive, all the different clothes she uses, then the running watch and training aids....entering 1/2 marathons etc so it is not cheap either.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:09:23 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 08:49:16 AM »

It makes sense when you consider that we're talking about niche hobbies.  OTOH, I suspect there's an element of "what the market will bear" involved, as well.

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: