partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116403 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Band-Aids, Asprins and Splints (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Diets: how do you stay slim and get slimmer?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Diets: how do you stay slim and get slimmer?  (Read 10453 times)
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »

So, a year on from when the thread was last posted in...how are we all doing weight-wise?

I got up to about 75kg during my last year of school...stress + emotional eating + "Study munchies" wasn't really a good idea.

I've been watching my portion size and the amount I eat...using a "Do I need this or do I want it" method of counteracting impulse-buying/snacking. Since November, I've managed to lose 5kg, and am currently sitting on 70kg (154lbs)

Yay Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »

Good for you L!  I put on about 3 lbs over christmas... I think I've lost 1 so ways to go - travelling is not going to help Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »

Congrats!  Loosing weight is really hard work and not the easiest to do.  Am about to embark on removing the effect of too many biscuits & too much chocolate.  Means having to start the dreaded Sunday morning running again.  I find exercise and not eating junk to be the best way to deal with excess weight but it does take a significant amount of effort & determination.  Cutting out bread/pasta isn't really an issue as I don't really eat that anyway.  I have about 5kg to go... Joy :-)

Dance like you're going to fall over
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2011, 04:37:32 AM »

I need to put on weight. Been dance partnerless for the past 6 month or so and still haven't put on any weight.  Huh
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2011, 04:43:48 AM »

I need to put on weight. Been dance partnerless for the past 6 month or so and still haven't put on any weight.  Huh

dont worry in the future you will be wishing you never said those words Lips sealed Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2011, 04:45:25 AM »

I have stuggled since my injury but I have stood on the scale this week and did loose some weight. 800grams.  Too many variables have happend. and I cant do any running or jogging, so bike riding is my only option

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »

I have stuggled since my injury but I have stood on the scale this week and did loose some weight. 800grams.  Too many variables have happend. and I cant do any running or jogging, so bike riding is my only option
Can you get to a swimming pool? 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »

Can you get to a swimming pool? 
us ear plugs...
I have one reasonably close ...but water and me  (other than a shower) are not best of friends. I have the water, generally get bad ears as the water seems to get trapped regladless of whether I  use ear plugs... Roll Eyes but is it is something I will have to serioulsy consider it.

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

You sound like you might be prone to diabetes, Peaches (says the woman with serious cases on both sides of my family).  Especially if it runs in your family, your insurance just might cover the nutritionist.

she's prone to diet sodas, more like.  Tongue

they cause problems with blood sugar & insulin, among many other things, including migraines.  Roll Eyes

problems with  insulin?

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »

To answer the original question, regular exercise makes much more difference in my abilty to lose or maintain my weight than does calorie control. Works faster, too.  There is only so much calorie cutting I can do, before my body goes into starvation mode.

One note: With my body type (endomorphic) I have to be very clear about what my goals are.  Because my body likes to develop muscle, I tend to gain weight while losing inches, unless I balance things very carefully when it comes to weight-bearing exercise.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:40:13 AM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »

I have issues eating sweet foods, and that adds the inches on my body. I am working hard and will get back to the walking machine as I think my walking styles is getting better.

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2013, 08:42:14 AM »

I crave salty snacks, which hurts me two different ways -- in the calories and with water retention that is caused by excessive salt intake.

I find that I can usually substitute raw veg for salty snacks.  Not sure why, but that seems to trick my taste buds.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »

If you replace fat with muscle and gain weight - ignore it!  Unless that is, you start feeling muscle bound (or don't like your selfimage).  Muscle weighs more than fat so a person who becomes healthy may actually gain weigh.

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2013, 03:13:06 AM »

Agreed.  You just have to be clear about your goals and select your weight loss program carefully. Weight Watchers,for example,focuses on pounds to a great extent.  I had a WW group leader tell me, once, to be careful not to exercise too much,because it might make me gain weight.  Somehow, I think she may have been missing the point.  Roll Eyes Undecided

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »

Agreed.  You just have to be clear about your goals and select your weight loss program carefully. Weight Watchers,for example,focuses on pounds to a great extent.  I had a WW group leader tell me, once, to be careful not to exercise too much,because it might make me gain weight.  Somehow, I think she may have been missing the point.  Roll Eyes Undecided
Thats pretty funny!  Of course muscle weighs more than fat so loosing fat and gaining the same amount of muscle will actually increase your weight.
Oh for the diet program that focuses on health not weight per se...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: