partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116402 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Maple Leaf Classic 2010
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Maple Leaf Classic 2010  (Read 1786 times)
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »

I didn't realize she had the wins. I thought you were saying she hadn't and when I talked to DP he said they hadn't.

As far as the dogsmeat comment, I needn't dignify that with an answer.  You'd have to ask the judges.

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 09:01:18 PM »

As far as the dogsmeat comment, I needn't dignify that with an answer.  You'd have to ask the judges.
You said that 'Now some competition shows up and off you go'.  That surely means there was no competition before you turned up on the scene.  As I read that you are saying that the rest of the couples in pre-champ are not in your league.  Hence the 'dogsmeat' coment. 

Or am I missing something?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize we were going to be missed that much, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  Usually people are trying to tell us to move on.  My DP does not keep track of the competitions and I'm bad for not doing it myself as I usually let OADA come ane give us the tap on the shoulder.  We have had 13 wins and we do have to move up but it is only fair.  You don't need us there CDN, you have some really great competitiors and you may be surprised.  Besides, we are all going to be in Champ together anyways so nobody is really going anywhere.  If you want competition I fail to understand why you refuse to compete in Adult Latin and Standard.  Your DP is just out of Adult so really you are as much that category as Sr. 1.  We have always done it and I'm 50 and my DP is 61.  

When I was talking about technique we danced so badly, probably in our minds our worse yet, so we wanted to know why we won.  We always ask because it tells us what we need to work on and what is working.  It doesn't mean it is better than our competitors, just what these particular judges like on this particular day.  Technique is important to us and it tells us that at least in technique we are on the right path.  Now for the routines, okay, that is a different story.  Shocked Honestly, I thought we were going to get a butt kicking and I did tell this to Elise but you know I didn't care.  I was so proud of my DP that he literaly made up a Tango routine and part of a Quickstep out on the floor as we went.  It was shakey in Adult so he went out in the lobby and worked it through again and off he went.  I was probably apprehensive looking and my posture suffers for it but it was a real lead and follow.  He didn't stop and he did it anyways and sick too.  This is why he was late for Sr. 1 and tried not to be too close to you and DP Elise.  Now that is a real win and how we placed was really second to that.

From what I have heard you probably won't get 6 couples for the next three comps but it doesn't mean you won't be up against some really good competitors.  Of course you will get the non-contenders I talked about.  These are people that are just new to the level, not quite competitive yet or not competitive because they are dancing for fun so really they only give numbers, not competition.  I don't say this in a bad way because that will be us in Champ for awhile.  We are doing a new Tango and Quickstep but we also now will have time to work our very neglected Latin.

Don't hold winning to be the be all and end all CDN.  Sure we all want to win but I can tell you from experence that today's heros are tomorrows who? You have to get more out of competing then winning or you will only end up with some old magazine articles and a bunch of dusty trophies that you have long since given up dusting.  People will not remember your wins but only the type of person you were.  You have a great group of people you compete against and for me their respect and friendship is the real win and what I value most.                
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:15:17 AM by Rugby » Logged

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 01:48:36 AM »

Yes, it was a close one. We won two of the dances and came 3rd in two; Ruby won one dance came 2nd in three. One point difference between us,, the same as the four seasons I think. CSN 

How so you know about the Four Seasons?  We looked and asked but they said that nothing was going to be posted.  Where did you get it from? 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 04:51:49 AM »

Yes, it was a close one. We won two of the dances and came 3rd in two; Ruby won one dance came 2nd in three. One point difference between us,, the same as the four seasons I think. CSN 

How so you know about the Four Seasons?  We looked and asked but they said that nothing was going to be posted.  Where did you get it from? 

Thats actually contrary to OADA rules - they state that the results must be posted before the end of the competition.  Its really not fair to the dancers to not provide that feedback since how else can you check that a mistake has not been made - and we are paying for the event.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »

I agree.  Obvioulsy they must have changed their minds down the road as I asked at the end of the competition.  CDN was able to get it so possibly he can tell us who gave it to him and we can get a copy too.  I look at how the judges scored so that next time if we score better with that judge then we know in their eyes we have improved. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: