partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Finding dance competition results?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Finding dance competition results?  (Read 1547 times)
Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« on: October 24, 2010, 10:59:27 AM »

Are there any good sites that list dance comp results? I have many friend and acquaintances who are competing now, and I like to be able to keep up without having to call them separately to see how they did.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »

Dancesportinfo (DSI) is THE place to start for professional and amateur standard and latin - link here:
http://partnerdanceonline.com/index.php?topic=530.0

If you join (there is a fee) you can keep track of your favorite couples - DSI will send you a notice each time the couple competes in a covered comp (coverage depends solely on whether they get input).

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »

The latest results on this website (for my part of the world) is October 2009. I'm not interested in purchasing a membership if the site isn't more current that that.

Any other results websites I can check out?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »

The latest results on this website (for my part of the world) is October 2009. I'm not interested in purchasing a membership if the site isn't more current that that.

Any other results websites I can check out?
Huh?? How can that be the case - the latest results on DSI are yesterday.
Where are you?

Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »

When I clicked on the link you provided, I accessed their search/competitions drop down menus.

From there, I chose Canada and then Mississauga. They show the Maple Leaf Classic from 2009 as the most current competition. I thought for sure there were more comps there since Oct 31, 2009. Even with that, I can only find results for the:

Adult Standard Championship
Canadian Pro Standard Championship,   
Senior I Pre-Champ Standard   Senior,   
Senior I Standard Championships,
Senior I Latin Championships

No other age group or latin results.

Maybe I'm using the site wrong.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:01:38 AM »

Ah.  I see - I thought you meant world wide!  Like said, the site can only report back on the results that are entered into it.  DSI actively seeks the results of the largest competitions (Blackpool, the recent International, IDSF etc), reports on many competitions that publish their results in an accessible manner, and also reports results that individuals send in.

I suspect that the October Mississagua result may have been the last one for the area and that one was almost certainly sent in by a local dancer, not the competition organizers themselves. 

For local competitions the best source is the competition web site - but many don't bother to post the final results (which should, IMO, now be required by the dance organizations).  You can also look at the local amateur dance organization. For ontario that is OADA.  They used to report all competitions but of late seem to have given this up:
http://www.ontariodancesport.com/2009/index.html

..and only report their own competitions.

All I can suggest other than that is to contact the competition organizers and ask about your couples.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »

Good luck getting any results.  The OADA site has not had results in a dog's age and since no results are posted anywhere you can't even send them to Dancesportinfo for people to see them there.  Since about 5 of the last Ontario competitions are not even on there the ratings system is basically null and void of accuracy.  If not all the comps are on from the area or country then it is hopeless for any semblance of reality.  Not their fault mind you, there is only so much they can do.  I remember one couple in latin a few years back would only reports the results if they did well, if not, they didn't, so of course they would do well in the ratings.       

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

Good luck getting any results.  The OADA site has not had results in a dog's age and since no results are posted anywhere you can't even send them to Dancesportinfo for people to see them there.  Since about 5 of the last Ontario competitions are not even on there the ratings system is basically null and void of accuracy.  If not all the comps are on from the area or country then it is hopeless for any semblance of reality.  Not their fault mind you, there is only so much they can do.  I remember one couple in latin a few years back would only reports the results if they did well, if not, they didn't, so of course they would do well in the ratings.       
I don't see why they shouldn't do exactly that - why should they take responsibility for the ones that won?

[BTW you could send in the results from your comp in Montreal; they are online]

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »

For pro or champ amateur level comps, you can pretty much find major ones from dancesportinfo.net

For pro-am comps in USA, you can find some in supershag.com, but only finalists photos and results. Other than that, in USA we have comp manager site to tracking marks. So if comp organizer willing to pay comp manager site for data, you can find results.

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:51:02 AM »

For pro or champ amateur level comps, you can pretty much find major ones from dancesportinfo.net

For pro-am comps in USA, you can find some in supershag.com, but only finalists photos and results. Other than that, in USA we have comp manager site to tracking marks. So if comp organizer willing to pay comp manager site for data, you can find results.
Can you expand a bit - what is comp manager?  Is that a web site or do you mean the manager for each competition?

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:20:40 AM »

I think SD is probably talking about this:

http://www.douglassassociates.com/

I think this is an example of results created by compmngr.

http://www.unitedstatesdancechampionships.com/index.cfm/showsection/winners_circle/page.htm

And some comps may store some results like scoresheets in special lower level place at:

http://www.compmngr.com/

web site. Can't see scoresheets without knowing special location used under this web site.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:36:48 AM by pruthe » Logged

"It's not what you do, but how you do it."

"The Truth in Ballroom Dance is found in the Basic steps."

A.S.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »

O2CM is another useful one for some comps, mostly US though

http://www.o2cm.com/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 02:55:30 AM »

Thanks Pruthe - always a resource for ballroom computing!  We should have a topic on that...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: