partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 07:55:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  About me
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: About me  (Read 829 times)
GoldStar
pre-bronze

« on: October 22, 2010, 03:17:26 PM »

Hello guys,

My name is Tomer. I'm 18 years old from Israel.
I learn for about 8-9 months, both American Rythm and American Smooth in Arthur Murray studio in Israel.
I started in order to just "know the basics".. you know, to end as a beginner social dancer was fine for me.

But.. and I guess it's because my teacher's passion for dancing.. I really got myself into it.
I watched on youtube and on other places I believe hundreads of shows several times in order to become a better dancer.
Then, I started to watch lectures on dvd, trying to find ways to improve my dancing.

I met and talked, personally and not personally with great dancers, Blackpool finalists and I decided,
with them, that EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

And now, after really falling in love with ballroom and latin dancing I decided that my wish is to go to Blackpool.
I want to be one of the firsts guys from my country which have been in Blackpool and gain a good score.

My wish is to find in the next 3 years the coach that will take me in that road for glory, teaching me the Int'l Std, changing my style
so I will be able to compete. One who will have the same passion as I have to take me to there even though I didn't started at the age of 6.

I saw in many places that the common question is which is you most favorable dance? well, I have no doubt, it is the Tango. It's so Passionate, so impressive, so exciting.. this is my first one. After that I belive it will be the Slow Waltz.

English is a my second language so I really sorry if I had some Grammar mistakes.
Thank you guysf or giving me the opportunity to write those words.
Tomer Kasher.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »

Lovely to have you here GS (Tomer) - I think you are our first member from Israel but if i am wrong maybe the others will yell at me Smiley  [Did I send you a note off-forum?  If not let me know cause it has a few clues to how to get round PDO.]

Your story is repeated in all of us to some extent - though at different stages of our lives.  Unfortunately, it is rather unlikely that I will make Blackpool in the Am or Pro ranks (to say the least) but I'm still determined to get there, even as a granny!

I have found it rather interesting how my favorite dances have changed over the years.  It was always foxtrot but now its waltz - I hope one day it will also be tango but I think thats a while off.

And you write beautifully Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »

Hey, GoldStar. Welcome to the forum Smiley

Your English is great. I wish I could write that well in my second language.

I hope that your dancing dreams come true Cheesy
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »

Hello GS, it is nice you were able to find dancing. you will see like you otyers around here love it so much. You are young and dreams can come true! never give up on your dream....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »

Hey GS,

Welcome to the forum!

Good to see more young guys taking up ballroom dancing! The dancing community needs it!

Your english is fantastic! Don't worry about it being your second language, it's my second language too (um...I kind of don't know how to write in my first language Undecided)
GoldStar
pre-bronze

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »

Thank you guys.

Hope to fit in, into your community Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 04:13:26 AM »

Thank you guys.

Hope to fit in, into your community Smiley
Hey, you already do - make it an 'our' community OK? Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 01:38:28 AM »

Make yourself at home.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: