partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 03:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Bronzer/ makeup question
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bronzer/ makeup question  (Read 2264 times)
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« on: October 04, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »

I have a question about makeup:

Anyone here used MAC mineral bronzer (Mineral finish Bronzer in medium or deep)? I was at MAC store buying foundation the other day and the sales person introduce me this bronzer photograph well, so just curious if anyone here used it. Does it really photograph well? I think I might need a darker bronzer, the lancome one I’m using right now is not dark enough. 

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:53 PM »

SD it cn not hurt to try it.

You already know my thoughts on past discussions. Rarely will you go wrong with MAC or Makeup Forever products for competition. =)

Makeup Forever has waterproof makeup now including foundations that are wonderful when it comes to sweating. =)
Also much of their products are for HD, kinda cool there since they know many cameras and vids are shot HD so thus the benefit for performers.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »

The only thing is MAC does not give samples like Sephora. I"ll probably still try it after I used up my current bronzer.

Meanwhile, if anyone here used this one or trying to experiment this one, please report.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »

I have just bought MAC for eye colour but not for a base. I am using an darker este lauder foundation and use a mabaeline bronzing powder over the top, it has worked well for me. I dont find powders on their own deep enough, but I may not use them properly

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »

I also feel powder or foundation alone will not achieve the complete comp look, thus I'm always in search for a good bronzer.

I used MAC creamy based foundation and liquid foundation before, was happy with that, so now look into MAC bronzer. The bad thing about maccosmetic site is they don't let customers to post product reviews, some sites like sephora allows which makes it easier. There's no customer reviews on mac site for minirale skinfinish product, thus I feel like asking around.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 03:55:23 AM »

yes you have to wonder why they dot do that, since that have such a strong following

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 02:39:28 PM »

I also feel powder or foundation alone will not achieve the complete comp look, thus I'm always in search for a good bronzer.

I used MAC creamy based foundation and liquid foundation before, was happy with that, so now look into MAC bronzer. The bad thing about maccosmetic site is they don't let customers to post product reviews, some sites like sephora allows which makes it easier. There's no customer reviews on mac site for minirale skinfinish product, thus I feel like asking around.

try the review section on specktra.net this is a predominate mac forum. with wonder tutorials as well. =)  <----- the BEST by far on forum based info

makeuptalk.com
makeup-forum.com
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:41:03 PM by emeralddancer » Logged

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

Thanks Emeralddancer for posting the makeup sites. I found some useful info from makeup-forum: first of all, minerale skin finish the sales person introduced me to buy is not for me, its’ shimmering finish, and I would like to get matte finish brozner, the only item I found from MAC site might be ok for me is this one, http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/159/302/Bronzing-Powder/index.tmpl

But from product description says  lightly frosted, tinted powder that gives skin sheer, natural colour effects and highlights; it’s natural color effects, still not dramatic effects. However got 3 good customer reviews so that’s positive!!!

Currently I use this one, which got 14 positive customer reviews from sephora site, its nice, very easy to blend on fair skin, and does not cause me allergic reaction, just I feel it could be more dramatic

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P237303&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1741

skipper
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »

Anything MAC is the best----originally developed for pergormers and stage artists---if not satisfied they will accept a return
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 12:57:27 AM »

well, follow your advice I bought the MAC matte brozning powder, very nice, it's easy to blend. I also really like MAC foundation. However I do not agree with you anything MAC the best, I actually also heart Urban Decay eyeshadows, it's highly pigmented, some colors even brigher and more beautiful than MAC, and eye pilllete are great values.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 06:20:11 AM »

well, follow your advice I bought the MAC matte brozning powder, very nice, it's easy to blend. I also really like MAC foundation. However I do not agree with you anything MAC the best, I actually also heart Urban Decay eyeshadows, it's highly pigmented, some colors even brigher and more beautiful than MAC, and eye pilllete are great values.

Great tip - MAC is expensive.  I love my eyeshadows but I don't find any difference between the expensive pencil liner and the Revlon one..

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »

Revlon liner no difference than MAC liner? Which one? The liquid Revlon liner or pencil? I used MAC liquid liner, very nice, easy to apply, but expensive, actually I found out the Stila liquid liner works same as MAC. But didn't know Revlon one no difference.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »

Not the liquid, the pencil.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »

I see, if its liquid liner, I would be interested to try:) I only use liquid liner for comp since most of pencil liner smudge on my lower liner:(

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »

I use MAC powder bronzer "Refined Golden" shade, I don't know if it's the same one you were shown, but it fairly dark and looks good on me.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: