partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:00:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116439 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Why do you compete?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Why do you compete?  (Read 3086 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »

I agree ee but even age difference can be a big issue.  My DP and I have two different thoughts about competing, level to compete at, type of competiion routines etc. due to our age difference.  I'm almost 12 years younger so as he (and some of our competitors around his age) say, when he was my age thiings were different but as he has gotten older he has had to change his expectations.  The problem is now our expectations of what level we can compete in, our routines and so forth are different due to that age difference and complicated further by our not been able to see each other much either.  Now we have to try and meet each other half way so both of us can feel like our needs our met.  We have always danced in more my age levels and now he wants to compete in his age levels which I suppose is only fair.  For me though it is really about the dancing so I am more open to the change then possibly others may be so that helps. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: