partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 01:59:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | |-+  What are you jealous about?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: What are you jealous about?  (Read 4580 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »

well I'm envious of your command of english and jealous of secret friend who composes all my sentences

well i'm jealous of your cat, and not envious of your secret friend's sentence composition skills.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDEl9O-AXo

musical accompinnyment

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

fabulous - I have to find that music....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 05:51:21 PM »

is there really a differnce betwen jealousy and envy?  Seems to me the former is just more honest...
In my own use of the words, I make a distinction between the two, with jealousy always being sourced out of a sense of insecurity -- there is a sense of "being less than" for not having something or someone, and usually a sense of insidious attack accompanies it from that place of lack ("She's so talented I could just kill her!"). Whereas envy can be just the desiring of what one doesn't have at the moment ("I envy your ability to travel so much. One day I hope to create that ability for myself as well...")

One can be envious without being jealous, but never jealous without being envious. Smiley
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 08:39:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHiV4Tidlec&feature=related

here's another even better IMO  Avant de mourir

which i managed to translate to "Before the Mouse"!!!!  (souris)  Grin Tongue

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 03:11:29 AM »

is there really a differnce betwen jealousy and envy?  Seems to me the former is just more honest...
In my own use of the words, I make a distinction between the two, with jealousy always being sourced out of a sense of insecurity -- there is a sense of "being less than" for not having something or someone, and usually a sense of insidious attack accompanies it from that place of lack ("She's so talented I could just kill her!"). Whereas envy can be just the desiring of what one doesn't have at the moment ("I envy your ability to travel so much. One day I hope to create that ability for myself as well...")

One can be envious without being jealous, but never jealous without being envious. Smiley

This.I can't remember the last time I was jealous of someone.   Envious?  Absolutely. There are things I want that other people have.  So it's time to make a plan to get those things/situations/states of being in my own life.   But I am glad that the people I envy have what they have.  Everyone deserves blessings.  I just have to go get mine.Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »

never jealous waste of time,, now and then get envious but not often. I do get annoyed more and it comes across as a sore looser so I have to be careful of that.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 08:15:21 AM »

I don't necessarily like the word envious, myself.  I'm just accepting it the way sami used it -- as meaning aware of wanting something that someone else has for myself.  Not wanting to take their actual thing whatever it is, but wanting to achieve something like it for myself.

Nothing wrong with being aware of what I want to do, be or have.  That's where healthy goal-setting starts, I think.

It's the sitting around, festering over things that over people have, that is a problem.  Just set goals and get it for myself.  There's the ticket. :0

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »

I think she defined the two very well.  I find myself being envious of young people with talent and time - more of the latter; they have the chance to make something of their talent.   At my age you have to work so hard....

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »

But they so often appreciate it less.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »

that's the way of the world: "Youth, so wasted on the young..."

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »

Indeed. Almost all the time.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »

is old age wasted on the old too?  I wonder...

I guess someone is thinking that life is wasted on the living ... Wherever they can sit and think that, that is...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »

So don't waste it. Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2013, 05:05:14 AM »

(busy not wasting)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: