partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 01:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Formication
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Formication  (Read 596 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: September 23, 2010, 06:29:51 AM »

No, funny as the association is, its NOT what you thought....

Its the sensation that insects (latin for ant: formica) are crawling on (or for some under) the skin.  I got it for the first time a couple of days ago when I was playing the vioin - I could have sworn there was one crawling up my leg to the point I hurridly put the instrument down and searched - but nothing.  Then I got it again yesterday - but this time was less surprised.  And then looked it up.  I hope it goes away...

Well, anyone else formicated?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »

yeah i have formicated a bit, always pops up at the most inconvenient of times, it always seems your doing something very important and formication just takes over your body. God this is going ti be an interesting topic Tongue

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »

No, funny as the association is, its NOT what you thought....

Its the sensation that insects (latin for ant: formica) are crawling on (or for some under) the skin.  I got it for the first time a couple of days ago when I was playing the vioin - I could have sworn there was one crawling up my leg to the point I hurridly put the instrument down and searched - but nothing.  Then I got it again yesterday - but this time was less surprised.  And then looked it up.  I hope it goes away...

Well, anyone else formicated?

have you checked your acupuncture meridians? it could be energy going up and down one from your violin meridians go through neck after all; bit a bottle neck in fact.

it could be violin beetle or woodworm?

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »

took you 4.5 hrs to find this topic BTM - you're getting slower... Grin

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

I occassionally get this and have wondered if the culprits are simply too small to see. Especially given my eyes.

A fellow offered me a coffee the other day, it was empty and when I looked inside there was a circada must have been a couple of inches long, with big pincers at the front. hahah very funny.

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »

you know they say people will want to stratch there leg for an intch even if it is not there...so this is mostprobably the same but the leg is still intacked.... it is just nerves moving around but boy it makes you respond.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: