partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | |-+  Snarky Comebacks to Asinine Corporate Job Interview Questions
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Snarky Comebacks to Asinine Corporate Job Interview Questions  (Read 1403 times)
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:12 AM »

QUESTION: "Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years?"

"Sitting in YOUR chair, at YOUR desk asking YOU this very same idiotic question"

"On the jury casting a guilty vote at your securities fraud trial"

"Doing 5-10 in Leavenworth"

"Vacationing at Bellvue"

"Living on a mountain in a cave and social networking with bears"

QUESTION: "Why are you leaving your current job?"

""I refuse to answer that on the grounds that what I say might incinerate me"

"The Knockout Gas industry just ain't what it used to be"

"My administrative assistant has this disturbing obsession with Sonny Tufts movies"

QUESTION: "What are your greatest weaknesses?"

"Wasting my time subjecting myself to pointless interviews with idiots like you"

QUESTION: "What do you think of your previous boss?"

"Honestly, she had a good grasp on micro-management and demoralization, but truth be told, she was a LOUSY dancer!"

"He set clear expectations of what was needed, but never told me why he wore two-toned shoes with a grey Armani suit though.

"Further proof that it's not getting any smarter out there"

QUESTION: "Why should I hire you?"

"My good man, it should be obvious to you why you should hire me, I could rid your division of all the slacker twits in one week's time and still take over YOUR job the next week, saving your company an estimated 250,000 the first year"

"Because you are a HORRIBLE judge of character and wouldn't know a sociopath if they tore off your own arm and beat you with it"

"Without me, you wouldn't stand a chance of getting into the local country club"

QUESTION: "What is your greatest failure and what did you learn from it?"

"My greatest failure was showing up for this totally pointless interview and giving a myopic twit like you an hour of my life that I can;t have back, and what I learned is that I have every right to walk out the door and will do so right now."

"Not being able to locate an angry grizzly bear to bring along to the interview with me, and they were fresh out of mountain lions too. The lesson, Eduardo's Exotic Animals for Hire is NOT the only game in town"

QUESTION: "How do you explain your gap in employment?"

"I took a year off and sought enlightenment in the remotest parts of central New Jersey"

"What is your conceptual continuity?"

QUESTION: "When were you the most satisfied in your job?"

"The day I got laid off"

"When that ridiculous drama queen got hers and was fired for putting fish in the microwave"

"When the boss's new Blackberry crashed"

QUESTION: "What did you like least about your last job?"

"The preponderance of gratuitous e-mails, not to mention COMPLETELY POINTLESS meetings and a narcissistic office manager"

"They stopped serving ice cream on Fridays"

QUESTION: "Describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker"

"It was straight out of Seinfeld, he played Newman to my Seinfeld, he threatened to tell the boss I didn't like golf. So I concocted the GREATEST revenge scheme of all, substituting concrete mix for his laundry detergent AND tying him up and forcing him to listen to The Ray Conniff Singers for hours on end. After that, he NEVER messed with me again"

QUESTION: "What motivates you?"

"That every day, I have the wonderful opportunity to completely aggravate, harass and completely grind the gears of yuppie idiots like you who ask pointless asinine questions like this"

QUESTION: "How would your friends describe you?"

"A force of nature"

"Best Salsa dancer in town"

"Having an abnormal obsession with late period Perez Prado recordings"

"The poster child for middle age arrested development"

"Virulently liberal"

QUESTION: "What salary are you looking for?"

"Enough to construct a small home uranium refining facility and remodel my volcano based lair"

"A sufficient sum to draw up papers to have you committed to the nearest psychiatric facility" Grin

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:24:58 AM »

I see you are using your corporate training experience to its full meaning... Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »

I see you are using your corporate training experience to its full meaning... Tongue

LMAO!!!  Would you expect any less?  Grin

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »

.... well, its the same as most corporate people are actually doing in their cubicles....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »

I have had a few interviews in the past while and I began to wonder if they had any contact with reality.  Made me wonder if I really wanted to work for them.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:46 PM »

I have had a few interviews in the past while and I began to wonder if they had any contact with reality.  Made me wonder if I really wanted to work for them.

Exactly, happened ot me more times than I care to admit. Such that I felt like firing back, "I dare YOU to present to me nothing short fo a brilliant legal argument why I should work for YOU!"

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »

I may have another interview coming up.  I should record it just to remember the full effect of corporate insanity in case I forget.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: