partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  Aussies 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Aussies 2010  (Read 2868 times)
mummsie
Bronze

« on: August 02, 2010, 12:35:24 AM »

All the stuff is up on the web page for those interested  Grin Same dances as last year for us in NV - mm
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:42:53 AM »

we have booked our accommodation and looking at the travel... all going well we will be there. Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:58 AM »

All the stuff is up on the web page for those interested  Grin Same dances as last year for us in NV - mm
[Can you put this on the Competitions board too - and with a calendar entry?  Thanks...]

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »

Calendar entry done

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »

Thank you Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

we have booked our accommodation and looking at the travel... all going well we will be there. Tongue

I think I remembered that you stay at the Travel Lodge at Southbank - how do you find the walk to the tram at Flinders Street?  We are looking at accommodation and the place where we normally stay is much more expensive this year - has gone up $100 a night in the last couple of weeks. mm
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »

I think I remembered that you stay at the Travel Lodge at Southbank - how do you find the walk to the tram at Flinders Street?  We are looking at accommodation and the place where we normally stay is much more expensive this year - has gone up $100 a night in the last couple of weeks. mm

Yes we stayed at the Travelodge on Soutbank. we have booked there again this year, there is a special on Hotel.com  We took a taxi and it only cost 10.00 I think not very much and then we walked home of an evening which took about 15-20 (well that is what it felt like). If you do stay there, perhaps we a share a taxi?

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 07:36:39 PM »

we have ended up booking our accommodation at Darling Towers.  We got a 2 bedroom apartment at a decent price.  Our son is staying with us.  Its also where his partner and mother are staying so it will make it a bit easier for him.  Its also only about a 2 minute walk to the tram in Flinders Street.  mm
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:11:16 AM »

well that is good... not sure if what we are paying is good or not...but it is close and walking distance...they room is clean  and reasonablly modern.....

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »

Gary checked out the Travel Lodge.  The prices are about the same but we have a kitchen and a laundry so can have some home cooked meals. Smiley  Its also close to some of my favourite shops in Swanston Street  Grin
Makes it easier for Kieran as he only has one shirt and is dancing over 2 days.  He can wash it and get it dry properly.  Usually he ends up with a damp shirt which isn't very nice.  mm
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »

Dances are practically the same as last year for us, except missing samba which is a plus! can't wait for the aussies to start again, hopefully if everything goes well we might be in level 2 for one or more styles by then Smiley

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 08:38:07 AM »

Gary checked out the Travel Lodge.  The prices are about the same but we have a kitchen and a laundry so can have some home cooked meals. Smiley  Its also close to some of my favourite shops in Swanston Street  Grin
Makes it easier for Kieran as he only has one shirt and is dancing over 2 days.  He can wash it and get it dry properly.  Usually he ends up with a damp shirt which isn't very nice.  mm

yes we have a sink and micorwave and crockery but no stove....we have booked in breakfast so we plan to eat a big breakfast and forgo lunch and then get some dinner...dont think we will worry about cooking....I think it will be a long day.

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »

Because we have to stay an extra couple of days it worked out better for us. 
Lucky we aren't dancing at the Souths.  Gary has to get 4 skin cancers cut off - one from each leg and one from each arm.  Legs are next week so will be off dancing for about 4 weeks.  He usually gets about 7-8 stitches each time so have to be careful.  Especially with legs - they are notorious for getting infected.  mm
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 03:20:12 AM »

wel , we have been to se the surgeon today and we wont be dancing at the Souths either :-/ still have fluid in the knee I can begin some exercsing bike training and, weight training but no dancing! If I am lucky I might be able to do so next year! quite upset about it... especially when the rest of me feels good.... Cry

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 03:27:38 AM »

Because we have to stay an extra couple of days it worked out better for us. 
Lucky we aren't dancing at the Souths.  Gary has to get 4 skin cancers cut off - one from each leg and one from each arm.  Legs are next week so will be off dancing for about 4 weeks.  He usually gets about 7-8 stitches each time so have to be careful.  Especially with legs - they are notorious for getting infected.  mm

gosh that is not good, hope all goes well

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: