partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 11:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Oshawa DanceSport Festival
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oshawa DanceSport Festival  (Read 489 times)
Rugby
Gold

« on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:43 PM »

This is a new comp slated for Oc. 16, 2010. At this writing they are waiting to be sanctioned and if are they they will hold both latin and standard diviisions.
The competition hall dance floor is 40x60 and the lower warm up area is 40x70 and it will be open on the friday night before the competition for the competitors to practice on.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:49:15 AM »

This is a new comp slated for Oc. 16, 2010. At this writing they are waiting to be sanctioned and if are they they will hold both latin and standard diviisions.
The competition hall dance floor is 40x60 and the lower warm up area is 40x70 and it will be open on the friday night before the competition for the competitors to practice on.   
Wow - a real practice floor AND pre-comp time?  That might just earn it a star on our 'special' comps board...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 12:27:26 AM »

For sure.  Not so much for latin but with standard if I don't warm-up the first round becomes my warm-up.  The drag is the last 3 competitions had no warm-up area and it shows in my dancing.  For me a warm-up area is very important and that and a good floor are my requirements to make it a good competition.  I don't care about the lighting, signs, decorations or anything else. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »

The last comp the on-line schedule had the amateur standard competitions scheduled after the pro-am and smooth events at about 9 pm - but then when we got there we were the very first evening heat at 7.30!  Since DP wasn't even in tails at the time the thought of warm-up wasn't even an issue.  Twasn't a good start...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: