partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Blaming Your Dance Partner
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Blaming Your Dance Partner  (Read 10685 times)
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 02:24:37 PM »

Is that supposed to be a threat ED?   Cheesy
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 03:01:40 PM »

nope ...a PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2009, 04:00:32 AM »

Thats probably the main reason for having a partner EM - someone to blame for your own dance failings Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »

Hehe we were practising yesterday, and it felt bit "meh"

I told DP, "Do it seriously" meaning that we both should do it seriously, but I guess it came out the wrong way.
She slapped me across the arm and told me "YOU DO IT SERIOUSLY". And we just cracked up laughing  Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »

what a great partnership you have.... I think we would probably also crack up - but physically..

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2009, 11:48:06 PM »

As long as the criticism you are giving is constructive and you can explain it...in a tone that is not putting someone down. I can see no problem with it. Especailly between lessons, at a dance lesson I leave it to the teacher

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »

As long as the criticism you are giving is constructive and you can explain it...in a tone that is not putting someone down. I can see no problem with it. Especailly between lessons, at a dance lesson I leave it to the teacher

We know we're mucking around.  Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »

I think that was pretty clear...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2009, 06:00:48 AM »

I know at least three ladies in England that would say that (one is no longer with us and two of them are). One of them also said the women of are better men then men. They know what women want and they don't have the muscles to push the lady. They therefore must learn to do everything very technically correct.

huh!

before I go on a chauvanist rant; I know some good lady leads and some bad ones

a rival tango teacher of ill repute keeps offering my ex-dance partner private lessons " Oh I can show you how to do that properly" ex replies but when btm leads me it always works.

evil snigger.......

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2009, 09:36:37 AM »

I know at least three ladies in England that would say that (one is no longer with us and two of them are). One of them also said the women of are better men then men. They know what women want and they don't have the muscles to push the lady. They therefore must learn to do everything very technically correct.

huh!

before I go on a chauvanist rant; I know some good lady leads and some bad ones

a rival tango teacher of ill repute keeps offering my ex-dance partner private lessons " Oh I can show you how to do that properly" ex replies but when btm leads me it always works.

evil snigger.......

Now I can hear you do that... Shocked

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »

we had a bad night tonight, I think we are tired...we both made mistakes, but no-one pointed the finger. We all have bad nights and you just accept them. I leave it too the teacher now.

Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »

actually elise it is more likely better for me NOT to have an AM partner so I do not blame. The failings at this point I accept as mine, thus making me work much harder.  Grin

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »

Very noble.  But I bet you are just a leeeeeeetle bit jealous that we actually never do anything wrong;)

catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »

this blaming your partner thingy has gotten out of control. in my last standard lesson I was taken to task by the male instructor for whining that I was unable to do a step because of my partner. now I dont remember whining but I do recall trying to explain what I was feeling and could pin it down to a particular whisk type movement. it was so uncomfortable and confrontational I had to change the subject in order to move forward in the lesson. I dont think I realize how arrogant I am or how unjustified my attitude is toward my partner. its unsettling to think if I change for the better that we will be two women dancing
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »

I think some of the instructors get tired of hearing the complaining, even if you do it so often that it no longer seems like complaining.  We all whine, it just depends on how we whine that creates the reaction.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: