partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  The Monty Python Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: The Monty Python Thread  (Read 6776 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 05:57:35 PM »

I'm very sarcastic and almost never serious so it works for me.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »

Go away you nasty Englishman or I'll fart in your general direction.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »

Go away you nasty Englishman or I'll fart in your general direction.

hahaa .......................... Grin

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »

That's why we have these outraaaaageous accents!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 09:12:20 PM »

I can do a scotish or irish accent. will that count?

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 09:20:20 PM »

Nope, only French.

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »

That's only if you're competing for the Upper Class Twit of the Year Award.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 04:27:04 AM »

I never understood monty python ........ so i guess that means my british humor is sorely lacking ........

not at all. Monty Python becomes funnier by collective acquirement and retelling.
Its heavily surreal and most people laugh at it by virtue of the Emperor's New Clothes ie other people are laughing therfore it must be funny. Actually its not funny at all. any of it. But its witty ridiculous bizarre, even profound.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 10:14:17 AM »

Blessed are the cheese-makers

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:08 AM »

BLOOD & THUNDER PROPHET: ...And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...

FALSE PROPHET: ...For the demon shall bear a nine-bladed sword. Nine-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but nine, which he will wield on all wretched sinners, sinners just like you, sir, there, and the horns shall be on the head, with which he will...

BORING PROPHET: ...Obadiah, his servants. There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that, in that time, shall the third one...

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

I never understood monty python ........ so i guess that means my british humor is sorely lacking ........

Several Brits have told me THEY don't understand Monty Python, so don't feel bad.

Yes.  Quite.
Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »

Nope, only French.

Filthy English keh-nig-guts!

Yes.  Quite.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »

It's just a bloody rabbit.

PretzelsAndBeer
pre-bronze

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »

HEY! That's MISTER Snivelling Little Rat-Faced Git, to you! Only my wife, Dreary Fat Boring Old, and our children, Dirty Lying Little Two-Face and Whining Wretched Little, are allowed to call me that!
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »

...I'm tearing up laughing so hard reading these!!!  I love Monty Python.  Didn't "get it" as a kid 'though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: