partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116513 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  The Monty Python Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: The Monty Python Thread  (Read 7902 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« on: April 16, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »

Yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... eight and a half... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:40:38 PM »

Monty Python movies are the reason why I turned out like I did.   Shocked

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »

Bring out your dead!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »

nee

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »

ni, ni, ni,ni!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »

I guess I would need write an application to the "department of Funny Walks"

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:12:30 PM »

Just a flesh wound, I've had worse.

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 11:49:48 PM »

Is that an Asian or European swallow?

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »

Your mother is a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 04:16:00 AM »

no, its not dead, just sleeping

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 04:42:51 AM »

"Tourist: Yes I quite agree I mean what's the point of being treated like sheep. What's the pointof going abroad if you're just another tourist carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day."

Bounder: (agreeing patiently) Yes absolutely, yes I quite agree...

Tourist: And being herded into endless Hotel Miramars and Bellvueses and Continentales with their modern international luxury roomettes and draught Red Barrel and swimming pools full of fat German businessmen pretending they're acrobats forming pyramids and frightening the children and barging into queues and if you're not at your table spot on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of International Cuisine, and every Thursday night the hotel has a bloody cabaret in the bar, featuring a tiny emaciated dago with nine-inch hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting Flamenco for Foreigners.

Bounder: (beggining to get fed up) Yes, yes now......

Tourist: And then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman Remains to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's Red Barrel and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant with local colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl who keep singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and complaining about the food - "It's so greasy isn't it?" - and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr. Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Pow ell can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres. "

because your quotes were too short and this is MP's equivalent to Hamlet's soliliquoy

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »

Oh, intercourse the bloody penguin!

Yes.  Quite.
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

When I, I not verbs.  But I only do it every other sentence.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »

Woger!

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »

I am obviously in the presence of masters!  I bow to your superior knowledge!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: