partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116403 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Band-Aids, Asprins and Splints (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Yoga for the eyes
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yoga for the eyes  (Read 1256 times)
ttd
Open Bronze

« on: July 05, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »

OK, anyone here tried yoga for the eyes? http://www.lifeevents.org/eye-yoga.htm

I've been doing this a few times a week for the last 3 months or so (probably less often than I should have). I had an eye exam today and I found that while my nearsightedness got a little worse since my last exam 2 years ago, my astigmatism (which was getting worse in both eyes) went considerably down. I wonder if it was because of the effect of the exercises, or because I had my exam in less allergenic time of the year, and my eyes weren't irritated by pollen.

So, did anyone except me try this?
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:57:50 PM »

I do eye exercises almost every day. My eyesight was -4.5 on both eyes. My sight on both eyes has improved a lot this last year. I am now at -2.25 on both eyes. My teacher told me that if I keep up the work then in about 6 month I will have normal sight. Many of the excises that are on that sight sound similar to the exercises that I do. My teacher teaches the Bates Method.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »

So how long you were doing the exercises before it started improving?
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:40:15 AM »

I started seeing improvement with 10 minutes of doing the exercises. I just couldn’t retain the improvement for long. It took about 2 weeks before I noticed an improvement that stayed. I then celebrated and took some time off the exercises and I went back to square one. That is when I decided to take lessons with a professional. I thought I couldn’t expect to learn a Feather Step or a Rumba Walk without professional help and this would probably be the same. After about 6 lessons I then went on a long weekend course held by this teacher and my sight really changed after that weekend. It has been improving little by little ever since.

Edward Teller
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »

Interesting. I haven't noticed much immediate improvement, but that could be because I did the exercises mostly before going to bed, so whatever temporary improvement there was, it wore off by morning.

As your prescription is changing, how do you handle glasses/contacts issue?

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:31:28 PM »

I go into an eye doctor about every 6 month and have my eyes checked. It is a doctor that my eye teacher suggests her students to use. The doctor will check the eyes but not give you a prescription which makes it cheaper. I then use a couple of companies that will let me order contacts and glasses without a prescription.

On a daily basis I don't use glasses or contacts. It is only when I drive or work that I use glasses or contacts. My teacher tells her students to wear glasses as little as possible as it makes the eyes lazy. She also suggests lowering the prescription with 1 to 2 points /level and keeping doing the exercises. So in a year I have only changed level of contacts twice and glasses twice so not that big an expense. I also use a computer program that makes my eyes exercise daily.

Edward Teller
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: