partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Just a Kiwi latin dancer saying hi and telling you a little story :)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just a Kiwi latin dancer saying hi and telling you a little story :)  (Read 927 times)
Kiwi-Dancer
Newcomer

« on: June 23, 2010, 08:58:44 AM »

Hi guys

Just wanted to say hi and tell a little about my dancing and kool little story with it

Well i started dancing when i was 18 (im now 23). Got into it in probably a common way alot of guys my age do. Chasing a girl. We had been friends for a year or so and as you can imagine a had little crush on her. We started Latin dancing and we did that together for about 18 months. Lets just say i almost got her but didn't but fell in love with dance. She stopped because of money but of course i keeped it going.

I was a social latin dancer for about another 18 months. Made some very kool friends through doing classes and also toke some 1 on 1 lessons for a while too. I then sort of didn't go back after the new year break and stop dancing for a year.

Here is where my story begins. At the start of last year my Friend Kirsty Dragged me back for a couple of class at a new studio. Enjoyed it but didn't get hocked so stopped going. About a month later got to talking to this girl online who was in that class. We talked a couple of nights before she talked me into giving it a go to see about competing.

I had up until that stage never seriously thought of competing, Had it suggest to me a couple of times but never really got into it. We had a couple of classes together and decided we should give it ago. We got private lesson for both Ballroom and latin. We then set a date for our 1st comp to be in August. We set this in about may.

We had been to a few comps to watch and support our mate Kirsty but wasn't competing yet, After every comp we ended up going clubbing, Between all the dance related stuff and our regular tuesday night Mcdonalds and Tv after dancing, We become very good friends but nothing more. To the point i invited her to my work do. Where we spent the hole night trying to convince everyone we were just dance partners and very close friends.

Well maybe they all could see something that nether of us could because a week later we were more then just friends. Since then we have moved into together and we are going strong.

When it comes to dancing since we started we have come 2nd in our grade for latin in only our 3rd comp and after 6 comps we have 2 2nd placings and 2 wins in our own grade. Plus a 4th place in the grade above all in latin. Ballroom hasn't been so good so we have decided to concentrate on latin to after our national amateur champs in 4 weeks this Saturday.

I hope i didn't go on to much. 
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »

Well congratulations to both of you. It is interesting how we all get into the sport and I wish more young men like yourself would find the joys of dancing. whether that be chasing a girl or other Tongue

Nice of you to tell us about yourself and we look forward to learning more about you and your dancing and your views.

I wish you and your dance partner continued success Smiley

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:36:29 AM »

I'm glad everything worked out well for you both ^^

Welcome to PDO, and may your dancing be full of happy.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:10:13 PM »

Thats a lovely story - I think you will find that dancing has affected each of us as deeply in our own ways.  We should probably have a topic on it come to think of it...

Lovely intro - and welcome again to PDO!  I hope this place becomes as, well probably not quite as but close, meaningful!!  Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 01:11:35 AM »

Welcome to PDO.  I love your story and I'm glad that you have come to find three loves, dancing, competing and your partner.  We are all here for you through thick and thin and don't worry about long posts, that's fine, say what you want.  We have quite a few members from "down under" so you may make some new dance friends and jhave an opportunity to meet at some of your competitions.   

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »

Welcome to PDO!

I'm 23 as well and I started dancing when I was 18 for the same reason.  Roll Eyes
Let's just say I also fell deeply for a couple of girls whom I met through dancing, but nothing came out of it. I'm happy for you!
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 04:47:33 AM »

Hope to see KD soon has not been here for awhile

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 05:16:25 AM »

K's are shy little creatures, maybe we just have to talk very quietly for a while and make no sudden movements

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »

Possibly, but I do hope they come back soon and keep us infomred about what is happening in NZ

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:40:18 AM »

Well, you guys are close - just drop over and prod him Cheesy

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:05 AM »

well maybe next year.. in july they have theNZ open which we might go to

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: