partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dance partner jealousy?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dance partner jealousy?  (Read 2506 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »

I forgot I even wrote it!

Well I certainly hug my partner more than I hug anyone else at the studio. Hello and Goodbye....sometimes just a "aww, you poor thing" hug.  Tongue
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 09:55:57 AM »

I am sure this is eternal...jealousy... but something I have never suffered from. Cool
...then you are a fortunate man indeed.... lets hope time treats you well in this regard Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »

Is it something that you feel about yourself.... I have always had a healthy sense of self, so Jealousy has never been in my make-up, I see that if my partner falls for the whims of another person it is not about me it is about them. Happy people dont go looking away from home.

If I am jelous of someone elses success well they may ahve done lots more work that I have that I am not prepared to do. If they have more talent than I have well I cant change that either, I will always do the best that I can do.

Jealousy is a curse... I do get annoyed at times but tha blows over in a few days  Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »

Is it something that you feel about yourself.... I have always had a healthy sense of self, so Jealousy has never been in my make-up, I see that if my partner falls for the whims of another person it is not about me it is about them. Happy people dont go looking away from home.

If I am jelous of someone elses success well they may ahve done lots more work that I have that I am not prepared to do. If they have more talent than I have well I cant change that either, I will always do the best that I can do.

Jealousy is a curse... I do get annoyed at times but tha blows over in a few days  Tongue

Totally agree with you.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »

Hmm.  Must ponder this a bit more, but I have to say that i don't think that jealously is evil or a sign of insecurity.

Obsessive jealousy is a problem, yes.  But who of us wants to be in a romantic, committed relationship with someone who really and truly doesn't care what we do or who we do it with?  There needs to be a balance. 

No idea if BB is even around any more, so I'll just make it a general response.  first and foremost, the people responding here have the privilege of being inside the dance world "club" and knowing how things work.  People outside our teeny, tiny world, have no idea that there is such a huge divide between physical intimacy and emotional intimacy, for so many dancers. Body contact or close embrace look awfully ... close, to someone who doesn't know how it works.

I think that, in the scenario presented, a clear, honest talk between the OP and his girl would be warranted.  Then include her in the circle of dance buddies.  If she's a reasonable person, eventually, she'll figure out that everybody else is just a buddy, while she's the OP's one and only.  If, after a fairly long figuring-it-out period, she doesn't get it and/or shows signs of escalating jealousy, then run.

But, from what I am reading here, her reaction seems perfectly normal and understandable to me.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 07:40:45 PM »

finding a dance partner is a really major achievement, and one that is compatible far more so -  so its hardly surprizing if people get defensive and possessive.  However, I think one has to resist because jealousy can be its own reason for someone to move on.   

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: