partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  How well do you know your dance coach?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How well do you know your dance coach?  (Read 1308 times)
samina
Silver

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 08:54:51 AM »

My instructor loves language...learning new words, or new uses for words. He has a beautiful and usually accurately nuanced vocabulary, even tho english is not his first language. One of me fave non-dancing aspects of lessons revolves either helping him enhance this, or enjoying his sharing of new words he's learned. A few times he's tried to stump me with fresh vocab. Wink

I love his use of language because it is so beautiful and expressive, and mindfully accurate...not at all the way most Americans speak. Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 08:56:14 AM »

My instructor loves language...learning new words, or new uses for words. He has a beautiful and usually accurately nuanced vocabulary, even tho english is not his first language. One of me fave non-dancing aspects of lessons revolves either helping him enhance this, or enjoying his sharing of new words he's learned. A few times he's tried to stump me with fresh vocab. Wink

I love his use of language because it is so beautiful and expressive, and mindfully accurate...not at all the way most Americans speak. Smiley
...then can I guess he is southern european?  Love him already Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »

EE... Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 09:50:22 AM »

well my dance coach is going to teach me how to do a comp hair up do, or should I say he is going to teach V how to do my hair.... Tongue  the way I have it he thinks it not smooth enough.. but I can live with that,  dont mind having a few different styles under my belt

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »

that's nice, QPO. do you normally do your own hair, or have a stylist do it?

i found the challenge of learning those grooming bits of comp hair & makeup personally rather stressful, but am so glad i learned how to do some passable versions myself. my instructor was helpful in the sense of moving me quickly toward a polished look. loose hair strands... not acceptaple. Wink
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »

that's nice, QPO. do you normally do your own hair, or have a stylist do it?

i found the challenge of learning those grooming bits of comp hair & makeup personally rather stressful, but am so glad i learned how to do some passable versions myself. my instructor was helpful in the sense of moving me quickly toward a polished look. loose hair strands... not acceptaple. Wink

yes I always do my own hair, most comps are on a sunday and I think if I went the day before, I would wake up with some horrible disaster zone...I generally can make it look OK but as you say he is not fond of the loose bits...definitely not acceptable.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »

repeat ten times: Extra Hold Hairspray!!
Put on and then smoothed with a hairdryer it creates the desired helmet head Tongue

samina
Silver

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »

yep. i also have a great hair wax that i *love* for smoothing away even the finest little strays. and using a hair conditioner to smooth your hair *before* you hit it with the hairspray makes for smooth *and* conditioned hair, instead of damaged when all is said and done.

ok, seriously OT. er, mebbe not really... i learned about the hair conditioner thing from my instructor's partner... who has also been a coach for me.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

thats what I do too - condition and only a light rinse.  I think it helps.  Also, sometimes hair spray comes out better with conditioner than shampoo (but not my current one).

samina
Silver

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »

i mean, she puts the hair conditioner in while she's doing her hair, as part of the do... keeps it very smooth.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »

well I wait to see what HE does, I have very fine hair....so there is not alot of volume Undecided

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »

We know our dance coaches fairly well - good acquaintances, I'd say. We're not over-friendly, but nor are we distant. FC is always willing to offer tips on hair and makeup, and she did DP's hair for him a couple of comps ago! He doesn't own any hair gel...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 06:36:43 AM »

My ex coach is still a friend and als serves also as an advisor.  But sunday we will take a lesson with him!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: