partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  ee Editorials [please read post #1]
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ee Editorials [please read post #1]  (Read 1615 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: June 06, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »

IMO we have to stand up for what we believe - we have to represent a higher good if we are to have any impact on the quality of life in the world.  PDO remains neutral in areas that are outside our mandate but I believe I also have a responsibility to be heard on crtical issues.  However, these opinions will always address the general case and never specifics.  The following are Editorials for which I am solely responsible - they reflect my opinion and do not necessarily reflect that of our members.  To ensure this I am posting this in the Announcement area that is only accessible to Admins and request that other admins do NOT contribute to the theme.

If you wish to comment please initiate a topic on the 'radical ideas' board.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »

Boycotts.  In my opinion, improvements occur far more often and consistently with dialogue than confrontation.  Boycotts heighten emotions, build resentments and rarely if ever solve a real issue.  I should add that they are often motivated by real issues but, as for threats they simply do not deal with the issue at hand - perhaps the best that can be said for them is that they bring problems into the public eye.

Further, boycotts usually hurt mostly the those that have to succum to the boycott pressure - far more than the intended target of the opposing group.  They raise the whole issue of 'dancesport organizations' and what role these can and should play in the management, progress and public face of our chosen sport.  The issue is a deep one since it permeates down to the smallest organizing groups at the local level which are subject to similar forces.

ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: