partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Bestest Compliments You Have Ever Gotten On Your Dancing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Bestest Compliments You Have Ever Gotten On Your Dancing?  (Read 8778 times)
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 09:43:06 AM »

One of my male coaches (a former US open pro finalist) complimented me when I'm dancing well "now the way you do pivots look a little bit like Katusha..." He's a good friend with Katusha as well...first I thought he was joking, then he made such comment several times; Another time he complimented me to DP "she has a beautiful shape"... he made my day !!!
Love the avatar SD!  Is that from blackpool?

Oh, come on, can’t you see the background tables are typical setting of NDCA comps;)Smiley, that’s from 2 weeks ago at Boston, Dancing A La Carte. Thanks ee.

We can’t go Blackpool this year, US Immigration denied DP’s travel documents…

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »

I forgot - I think I saw your names on the register...
crummy tables in blackpool don't you think? Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »

One of my male coaches (a former US open pro finalist) complimented me when I'm dancing well "now the way you do pivots look a little bit like Katusha..." He's a good friend with Katusha as well...first I thought he was joking, then he made such comment several times; Another time he complimented me to DP "she has a beautiful shape"... he made my day !!!
Love the avatar SD!  Is that from blackpool?

Oh, come on, can’t you see the background tables are typical setting of NDCA comps;)Smiley, that’s from 2 weeks ago at Boston, Dancing A La Carte. Thanks ee.

We can’t go Blackpool this year, US Immigration denied DP’s travel documents…

interesting that they would do that to him. Is he a US resident or from another country?

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »

DP from Russia, US Immigration denied his travel parole means he will not be admitted to USA if travels aboard. So not good for traveling oversea if can't come back to USA.

We registered before 3/31 blackpool deadline, hoping he got approved for travel parole. Travel Parole got denied one month before Blackpool:(

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »

...put it into the 'long term plans' bin...
Can 't wait to see you two at BBL though Smiley

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »

DP from Russia, US Immigration denied his travel parole means he will not be admitted to USA if travels aboard. So not good for traveling oversea if can't come back to USA.

We registered before 3/31 blackpool deadline, hoping he got approved for travel parole. Travel Parole got denied one month before Blackpool:(

yes we have those sort of restrictions here also, especially when they are very new to the country and what status of visa they are. they are just wary of those trying to become a Citizen the sort cut way. not that I am saying he is doing so, but they just treat everyone with the same brush! Roll Eyes

We look forward to seeing you next year.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 12:19:48 AM »

aw, sorry to hear about your bureaucratic difficulties, SD! hopefully next year things will go more smoothly for the two of you!
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 09:23:36 AM »

BOT....today coach said that my hip movement in latin was really good. ^^
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »

My biggest compliment was from my dance father. I actually got it a few times. When I put all the compliments together then I actually danced a total of 12 bars where I looked "normal". Tongue I was jumping around for 15 minutes the first time he said "that looked normal" and that was 3 bars of music. Cool

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
samina
Silver

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »

lmao... i once received a "you look...normal" compliment from my own coach and it was just music to my ears! Cheesy  that was after so many comments like "your dancing is... distorrrted". all i could think of, after so much work to undo all the resistance to "normality" in my body, was "am finally making progress". Cool Grin

but best compliment from instructor was the last time i danced with him, last summer: "i feel no limitation". what a hallmark of progress, considering that i started out with so much limitation.

and around the same time, i was taken for a professional a couple times when out in the social WCS community. i don't know much about WCS, so i figured it was just all the BR training coming thru. felt good, nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:23:22 AM by samina » Logged
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »

I got a compliment about a week ago from a pro competitor.performer.teacher on being creative in my dancing, and coming from someone of one Judy Zwick's caliber, that meant a lot to me.  Grin

Some weeks back, after doing a Hustle with this one woman, she asked me where I learned to do Hustle, and when I told her it was the one dance I'm completely self-taught on, her jaw fell out of its socket, and she said, "Wow, you're better than some people who've HAD lessons!".   Grin 

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 01:03:37 AM »

It's nice to have someone appreciate your efforts, especially when it is stuff you have created yourself.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
drj
Bronze

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 06:55:44 AM »

My instructor's wife, who used to be his professional partner, walked through my lesson the other day, and bothered to stop on the way by and make some changes in what I was doing. This is the first time she has ever taken me seriously. I was immensely flattered, once I got over the shock.

ancora imparo
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 08:06:43 AM »

Reminds me of when, many years ago, a Nobel laureate stopped by my poster to tell me how wrong it was.  At the time I was rather depressed - but the laureate's senior trainee came immediately after - and congratulated me as mine was the only poster he both stopped at and critiqued...
[the postscript of the story is that the years have shown that I was actually right...]

drj
Bronze

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »

During yesterday's lesson, the studio was having a summer dance camp for little girls in one room of the studio. A Dance Camp Mom waiting for her daughter in the waiting area out front was able to watch my lesson -- and did. At one point, she had to stop us and say something about how we looked, and how much it reminded her of her days as an ice dancer.

Holy cow. If an ICE DANCER thought I looked good, that works for me!

ancora imparo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: