partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 07:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Bestest Compliments You Have Ever Gotten On Your Dancing?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Bestest Compliments You Have Ever Gotten On Your Dancing?  (Read 8282 times)
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »

Just this past week I gt complimented for being elegant. Never had that happen before.

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »

Just this past week I gt complimented for being elegant. Never had that happen before.

Perhaps they meant a leg-ant. Roll Eyes  Do you have long legs and carry three times your body weight??

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:12 AM »

Just this past week I got complimented for being elegant. Never had that happen before.

Perhaps they meant a leg-ant. Roll Eyes  Do you have long legs and carry three times your body weight??

LMAO!!  Grin   

Only 2 legs of normal length I'm afraid.

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

millitiz
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »

so at my last lesson with my Latin coach, he said that I was truly dancing - that on my little team, I am the best in dancing (dancing my body, that is). I mean, imagine this, this Stereotypical Russian guy (he is Polish, actually) finally telling you well done - after two years of tears and pains, and lots of frustrations - finally I am doing it. I totally wanted to cry...It was so emotional for me.

A bit earlier, in a social, I was dancing with this girl - it was a rumba. At the end of it, she told me that she would like to dance with me in the dance again - at first, I thought it was a joke. And my face probably did not hide anything - she then added, no she was not joking. When the next rumba came up, we danced together. Apparently, she really liked it. Afterward, when we were chatting , she said that I am very inspiring ( Huh ). And she could feel that I am in love with dancing - I had to be in love with it to dance like that Smiley. If you think about it, it makes sense - I have to really be in love with dancing to get through all the frustrations, tears (and financial problem). She said that it was really emotional. And I have to say, it was one of the few times I felt that I was in "the zone."

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »

What a wonderful story MZ - nothing like affirmation for something you've been struggling to do.  I feel the same way about my violin rightnow - 4 years of working really hard and finally getting a few words that go a little beyond just encouragement....

Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »

On Saturday, my sweetheart and I headed out for some dancing. In the course of the evening, a number of people told us how much they enjoyed watching us dance. One person said this, that a Waltz we did was very touching. THAT made our night.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:09:16 AM by Burgess Penguin » Logged

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »

On Saturday, my sweetheart and I headed out for some dancing. In the course of the evening, a number of people told us how muh they enjoyed watching us dance. On person said this, that a Waltz we did was very touching. THAT made our night.
Smiley

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »

On Saturday, my sweetheart and I headed out for some dancing. In the course of the evening, a number of people told us how much they enjoyed watching us dance. One person said this, that a Waltz we did was very touching. THAT made our night.  Grin

Yes makes you feel so good when they do that. Cheesy and the best part is because you are doing what you love.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »

"you looked great dancing with B"

last night with guest teacher....

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2012, 09:51:54 AM »

I was dancing with my regular teacher the other day and she asked "who are you?"

I guess that's a pretty substantial improvement on my part.   Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2012, 10:41:56 AM »

I was dancing with my regular teacher the other day and she asked "who are you?"

Well, I was wondering the same thing for a moment, then I remembered a pdoodler from waaay back when... Tongue Cheesy

SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »

Well, I was wondering the same thing for a moment, then I remembered a pdoodler from waaay back when... Tongue Cheesy

When I wasn't a PhD student.  Roll Eyes
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2012, 09:35:14 PM »

When I wasn't a PhD student.  Roll Eyes
and I was just a dancing prof...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2012, 04:28:22 AM »

I dont know if this counts, but it was a lovely movement. Dancing tango I was listening to the bandoneon riff (response or chorus) in the tune, and i did a little shimmy to it, and my partner corpsed. she was laughing so much she had to stop dancing.

Grin Grin Grin

and I got giggles out of three other ladies that night too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:30:12 AM by Bordertangoman » Logged

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

I dont know if this counts, but it was a lovely movement. Dancing tango I was listening to the bandoneon riff (response or chorus) in the tune, and i did a little shimmy to it, and my partner corpsed. she was laughing so much she had to stop dancing.

Grin Grin Grin

and I got giggles out of three other ladies that night too.

well you have got the moves.......they should be impressed!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: