partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 05:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Dancesport info
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dancesport info  (Read 1883 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: April 16, 2009, 07:19:24 AM »

Dancesport info is a web site that collates competition results for international style dancing at both amateur and professional elvels.  Its at: http://dancesportinfo.net/default.aspx and if you have competed at prechampionship or higher levels its likely you are in there.  I say likely because it depends on whether your results were reported to the site.

I found out a few months ago that if your competition does not report - you can do so yourself and they will incorporate your results.  So obviously, if you do well you are more likely to send the results in   Smiley

Anyone else track these scores?  And how seriously do you take them?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »

I have been there and searched couples before, I don't know how accurate and up-to-date it is...but it would be a very useful site if the right information is given.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »

And they do not mind us shooting them an email and helping either. So that is good to right?

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 03:05:47 AM »

And they do not mind us shooting them an email and helping either. So that is good to right?

they do track the source of sent-in results, not just to accept an email to post. They seem to have quick access to most of comp results of NDCA, USA dance calendar, Access dance site, O2cm, etc. Usually they post quick and accurate info.

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:46:58 AM »

I think you can establish crediiblility there so that they will add the results you send in before the general resutls are available.  The best way is to actually pay membership Wink but you can also do it by corresponding and by being part of a dance group. 

malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 02:54:26 PM »

In one way, I like dancesportinfo because it tracks a lot of competitions and news. But also they miss some results. (which is ok - you can't track everything)

It is a good website, and i check the news on it ad least one a week. 

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »

I really like this site too.  I don't go by the standings as they are often off.  Then again its hard to be accurate with so many comps etc.  Great site.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 06:20:21 AM »

Its great - until they catch an off day (as just happened to us) or you have to withdraw but you are listed as last place - and your score plumets!  Interestingly, it even happened to the world champion standard dancers, Mirko and Alessia Wink so we are in good company...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 06:54:19 AM »

I must remember to check it more often. I forget about it until there is a comp on and go to see if there any results.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

Reminds me, I have to check out the results for the Canadian Closed since the official web site only gives the couple's number.  Not much help.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:35:52 PM »

I wonder if they are up yet - weren't last time I checked.  Actually it would be easier to check than to post here Smiley

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »

I think you can establish crediiblility there so that they will add the results you send in before the general resutls are available.  The best way is to actually pay membership Wink but you can also do it by corresponding and by being part of a dance group. 

yes membership helps. This site is sponsored by ads and paid membership.

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »

Reminds me, I have to check out the results for the Canadian Closed since the official web site only gives the couple's number.  Not much help.

you need to "remind" organizer to post results on their site, dancesportinfo needs "source" which is usually the comp site.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 06:19:30 AM »

Yes - and I am pleased to do it here too.  When you attend a competition think about sending in your results and that of other heats - at least in the prechampionship and higher levels.  I don't think they really catalogue syllabus heats.

I contacted DSI a few days ago and invited them to visit PDO.  It would be great if we could establish some sort of working relationship.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 09:50:57 PM »

Good idea Ed. 

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: