partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 02:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Looking for courage....
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Looking for courage....  (Read 1157 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 03:28:52 AM »

We got video on every single dance we did, thanks to DP's wonderful parents.  Smiley

My analysis? Hmmm...I might leave that part to the professionals. I had fun at the comp nevertheless.

I have seen some of the photos and I think that she still has some way to come with her carriage?Huh? She looks lovely and has potential, I think she needs more time....by the end of the year it will be quite different.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 05:22:23 AM »

....I had fun at the comp nevertheless.

Good for you - its so easy to let the results get you down.
Sometimes I find I get depressed when we do badly - but other times (last comp for example) where our results were poor I feel terrific.  I really do think its how we danced, how the comp was organized and also how others treated us - that really sets the mood.  I'd be rather depressed with myself if scoring well was the only factor that made competitions worthwhile.  Perhaps thats why some couples try it and then disappear - their motivation to compete is solely about winning...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »

Wooden spoon! We got last in every single event we entered. How is that a record or something!  Shocked

and your analysis on that?

make a cake?

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 08:33:15 AM »

I agree with what you said EE.

Last comp I was very down and still am a bit, but it was really abot how I danced.  I knew I forgot a couple routines and I know I screwed up. Also the fact that the organizers screwed up didn't help. But that is ok, too, but that I've moved on from flower happens.  I'm over my "bad dancing" and now just trying to do better.

I'm still down a bit over that last comp but that is due to other factors that I won't get into, nothing to be resolved by talking about it.  Nothing good will come of talking about it to those that need talking to so I just need to let it go and that is slowly happening. I need to just say it happened but never again.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

When entering a competition you only think about the dancing but the reality is that its a heck of a lot more than that.  I've torn my dress, lost a shoe buckle, several times lost hte suede off the heel - even broken one.  Others have much greater calamities.  And then there's the addition of 10 other dancers to your heat - split floors and DJs that play music which is totally inappropriate to the dance.  the list goes on.  What it boils down to though is that the couple that wins is the one that can dance terrifically AND shine through all the adversity.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »

yes and having the courage to learn from it and move on is a skill that we all aspire to.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »

this is very true.  At one comp, my brand new costume tore on the dance floor, thankfully it tore in a place that it didn't matter and nothing was exposed, lol.  I won't be using that dressmaker ever again.

What happened didn't cause me to do badly.  It's like two seperate issues totally. I danced badly because I just screwed up this time. I mixed up 2 routines once. I won a few  (only singles) and I could have done worse too so I'm ok with that. Was pissed off at myself for screweing up the routines. That I got pissed off at myself.

But the rest that got me down was due to other factors, let's just say nothing to do with the dance, the costumes the shoes etc.  And while this didn't cause me to do badly at all, it sort of got me down, but I'm getting over it.  I will take responsibility and while it didn't have to happen it did but I will make sure it will never happen again and move on.
In the end no real harm done and who knows DH says it was a blessing in disguise.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: