partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 08:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  dancing vacations
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: dancing vacations  (Read 3238 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 04:13:30 AM »

I suppose they can't exactly hire Mirko can they Undecided

well he has not got back to us yet for when we are in Italy. I dont think it is going to happen  Undecided

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 04:50:19 AM »

He may not be there at that time - I noticed that Kat from DF is taking lessons with him in NY (its no FB)

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »

There's one on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=361239264310&ref=mf
[/quote]

I found it thanks. Didn't know stuff like that was on FB. I don't FB much. I would love love to go to that one. Wow, but we are just coming back from vacy although that would have been great. We are talking about the one in Wash???
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 08:29:23 AM »

[MrM: that link seems goes to my page! maybe it goes to anyone's home page tht clicks on it]

I had a link further up here to the camp itself.  With Victor Fung and Glen Weiss it has to be pretty good - especially if you had the money to take private lessons too (which are VERY expensive - $100/person, yup, 200/couple Shocked )

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »

I went to facebook. It didn't work that way but it helped me locate it. We are talking about the Independance day one in Wash DC??

It looks great I wish i could go.

YIKES $100/lesson. Overall the camp doesn't look that bad, the hotel is reasonable and the camp for the whole time is $500 registration I think so the privates are what cost
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 04:01:09 AM »

The world masters games in 2012 are in Italy and we are going to try and get a group together from Australia to go along as a group. that would be fun

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 05:26:11 AM »

Games?  Is that what they call them?  Do you mean to compete too? 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 06:10:15 AM »

Games?  Is that what they call them?  Do you mean to compete too? 

yes we would try to compete.... the world masters games have a variety of different sports and dancing is one of them,

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 06:30:29 AM »

Hmmm. Wonder if we could make it - then we might compete against each other!

heheh.  the great PDO grudge match.  All we need now is a grudge Tongue

cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »

There are some wonderful dance vacations around, here are a few I recommend.

1. www.2somedance.com. They do excelllent weekend events in Toronto with the dancing with the stars pro's and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE stars. You could combine a weekend in Toronto with a week in Toronto where we have some fantstic dancing in all styles. There are many tea dances to choose from and a very active ballroom community, salsa community, west coast swing community and argentine tango community.

2. wwwstardustdance.com. They do excellent weekends where they take over a resort in New York Stae, in the Catskills mountains and bring together world level teachers and performers to put on workshops and entertain at night. Plus they have four ballroom floors going 24 hrs a day; one strictly swing and hustle, one latin, one argentine tango and the other ballroom. All dancing, meals, accomodations, contests and workshops are included for a low price because they fill the place up. Usually around $350 the whole package.

3. Cunard cruise lines. The centerpiece of their 5 star ships, including the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, is their ballrooms. They have a dance orchestra, daily lessons with dance champions, 3 or 4 formal balls a week where everyone dresses to the nines and dances the nights away, amid white star service and some wonderful daily entertainment. They have dancing nightly in both the ballrooms and discos  and the dance floors and ballrooms are splendid.

4. http://dancersatsea.com is another group that organizes dance holidays and so do many studio's.

Hope this helps
CSN

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 02:17:55 AM »

Terrifc CSN - thanks for the tips, thats just the sort of info PDOodlers need.  Just for the record though, are you connected with any of the three?

cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 07:56:38 AM »

I have been an unpaid dance host for all these events.  I can say without reservation that they are all first rate adventures, if you like to dance and improve. And for ladies who love to dance they come with male dancers to wing you around the floor. For men who love to dance: this is a great way to enjoy dancing too.

I must say I really enjoyed all these events. Especially the Cunard line; they take the dancing very seriously and it's wonderful to dress up and dance formally on a beautiful dance floor.

Toronto is a fantastic city for dancing. There is much here, as I've said. If you love to dance, this is the perfect city to visit.

When I was looking for a dance vacation earlier this year, I went to Cuba with my dance partner. We are working on paso doble and I thought a week away somewhere nice would be a great opportunity to practice and improve upon this particular dance.

So we went to a lovely resort: Breezes Jibacoa, between the mountains and the sea, 70km from Havana and Veradero. They had a large gazebo with tile floor which was perfect for practicing, they even swept it for us each day. The resort is a bit quiet so we had an amazing room overlooking the Atlantic. The food was good, we just loved it there! I wouldn't hesitate to go back or do the same thing, find another nice resort where we can practice together for a week, 3/4 hrs a day. And then dance together at night.

I know a lot of people here in Toronto go to Buenos aires for the tango. Most go for a month. It used to be fairly inexpensive but I heard Sat that all the prices went up so it's not so cheap anymore. We have a small but passionate airgentine tango community here in Toronto and many make the pilgrimage at some point to learn from the instructors down there and also experience the culture.

We also have an amazing salsa community here in Toronto, hosting an annual salsa congress which atrracts thousands. These salsa congresses are now in most major cities and for salsero's this is a great way to see a city, meet and dance with tons of new people and dance your feet till they hit the ice packs! Salsa congresses are happening all over the world all the time, I'd definintely consider travelling if I had the extra cash to spend.

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »

I wondered about the stardustdance packages.  I found them via a google search some time ago and thought they were just too inexpensive to be any good.    Looks pretty awesome.  50 dance workshops in one weekend.  And there are three more weekend dance intensives scheduled for this year.  Nice. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: