partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 02:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  dancing vacations
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: dancing vacations  (Read 3258 times)
MrsMoose
Bronze

« on: April 13, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »

Ok, I am starting to think about vacations and planning my vacations around dance comps. I mean some of them are in great locations. Does anyone here plan a trip around a dance comp.?

I think dancing is taking over my life
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »

I voted no - it just never works out that way.  Perhaps if I was married to my DP it would happen a lot but I just don't get the incentive.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »

DH does not dance but since he travels with me and he can only take so much vacay time, I thought of going to a comp followed by a few days of vacy.

But I see your point, for you it might not be an advantage.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »

Depends. For example, when I have done a comp which is pretty much in my parents' backyard, I spent a few extra days before and after it with them (and am planning to do so again). Otherwise, I guess not.

I do know a retired couple who did a comp on Hawaii and stayed for a couple of weeks after.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

a dance partner who was also a life partner would make ballroom more than a lifetime occupation - it would be a way of life....
OTOH perhaps I need to do more?

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »

I think you need to retire first. Dancing or not, there is no way I could take 2 consecutive weeks off. When I visit my parents, I take my laptop and get some work done from their house.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »

The only vacations we ever take is when we go interstate for a comp. It's only a couple of days, at any rate.
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »

Wow, ok, DH takes his laptop and does work from the hotel, but most people can take 4 weeks vacy but not all at once. So like a week here 2 weeks there, that sort of thing.

I have the program and all sorts of nice places that hold dance comps so I was wondering.

Hmm, maybe because I'm looking at it differently?
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »

Vacation is from Mid Janurary to early March where there is not competition around.  Roll Eyes
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »

We wanted to dance while in Europe and cant find one, when we originally planned it was not a consideration, but if we could go back we would have done so.  Now we are trying to organise lessons with some famous dancers, but they have not responded yet.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:58:26 AM »

We wanted to dance while in Europe and cant find one, when we originally planned it was not a consideration, but if we could go back we would have done so.  Now we are trying to organise lessons with some famous dancers, but they have not responded yet.
Perhaps if you got your most famous coach to make the initial contact you would have more success?  I tihnk a lot of those stars are pretty much booked up.

The other way to do it is to find their studios and write and see if you can visit.  Once they reply ask if it is possible to take a coaching lesson and who is available....

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 12:14:14 AM »

Perhaps if you got your most famous coach to make the initial contact you would have more success?  I tihnk a lot of those stars are pretty much booked up.

The other way to do it is to find their studios and write and see if you can visit.  Once they reply ask if it is possible to take a coaching lesson and who is available....

V has spoken with one on facebook but it is now pinning them down....if it happens it will be exciting if it does not then we plan better for next time.

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »

Lock them in their studios until they give you a lesson...Tongue
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 09:31:48 PM »

At one of my old workplaces I never got weekends off so to be able to compete I had to strategically use vacation time. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 04:35:26 AM »

Lock them in their studios until they give you a lesson...Tongue

well that is one option to consider  Cool

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: