partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:20:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Natural tricks for a great hairstyle, make up, tanning .....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Natural tricks for a great hairstyle, make up, tanning .....  (Read 6419 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 04:42:33 AM »

is it better to wear gloves???

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 11:21:30 AM »

...or brown finger tips Cheesy

Covers up the bad smoking habit.

I use gloves and one of those sponges with handles that you use to trim windows when you paint.  I use the Sally Hanson spray on nylons and you don't get streaks.  Also the Lifebrand tanner from Shoppers is way better than the expensive stuff (I've tried a slew of them) and no streaks either.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »

Thank you - am not sure if I will be able to get hold of super Braun in time but have been told that eg L'Oreal Sublime is good enough if you are patient!  Am hoping that I can get away with a 'light tan' as otherwise not sure how I am going to explain my sudden new colouration at work   

How does one avoid streaks etc - my first trial wasn't too bad after I applied the liquid tan on top of the spray (extremely streaky), but not perfect?

I know time is an issue for ordering super brown, I always purchase 2 bottles at any comp if I happen to see them; right now very few US vendors carry them; there are few US vendors selling them on line but one of my friends ordered a bottle and she told me the stuff inside of bottle already turned green - apparently that US vendor did not store their inventory in a dry place so the liquid went bad before even reach customers.

My last bottle bought from Blackpool Winter Garden booth, directly from Dance Co booth - Dance Co is the company produces Super Brown. last week I googled and found Dance Co site so ordered from them directly. I paid 47 euro for one large bottle 500 ml (including shipping) which is still little cheaper than purchase small bottles of 150 ml each for $36 at US vendors. I hope they ship fast, will let everyone here know

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

Is it Super Braun or Super Brown?  Does it stay on well?  I have to throw my legs over my DP's in some of the latin lines and I don't want it to come off on his pants.
Thanks for any info.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »

It's super Braun, google for "dance co", that's the company makes it. They sell at Blackpool as well. Now I order directly from Dance co. That's the most efficient tanner I've ever used, stays on well too.

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 04:24:45 AM »

I have used one called deltone, it is a nice colour but when they break down you look freckaly

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 07:35:21 AM »

Tan-wise, I just used a "fast tan" by LeTan today.

It turned out, uh, interesting.

Let's just say that I need more practice not getting it all splotchy and uneven.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »

they are tricky to master. I believe the best thing is to use moisteriser for  4 days leading up to the use of the tan lotion, then on the day dont use the moisteriser and it will go on better. then you still dont wash for 12 hours to let it develop, the moisteriser helps the tanning lotion go on evenly

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 08:27:53 AM »

Thanks, Q.

I didn't use any moisturiser...I exfoliated, and then just sort of put it on.

I've put a little more on where I left out, and hopefully that will even up overnight.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »

I thought this thread was for "natural" products, which I have to admit baffled me. "Natural" and comp make-up don't go together,IMV.   But now that we're talking fake tan and aquanet, I feel more at home.  Grin

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:52 AM »

I thought this thread was for "natural" products, which I have to admit baffled me. "Natural" and comp make-up don't go together,IMV.   But now that we're talking fake tan and aquanet, I feel more at home.  Grin
natural fake tan?
How about wallowing in some mud... Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »

What's funny is that I am so into the fake tan culture that yesterday, when  was looking at some Blackpool videos, I assumed one of the competitors had a really great tan ... until I saw her name and close-up photo, then realized that she's probably African.  Now THAT is a natural fake tan. No tanning bed or booth required.   Grin

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »

Never use the stuff.  I'm of mediteranean descent so do have natural pigments - but I stay out of the sun and use protectant and hats as much as possible so I'm pretty fair skinned.  I put on foundation and thats it.  I guess I'm a bit scared of carcionogens - not, I hasten to add, that I am aware of any evidence that tanning products are dangerous at all. 

What I loathe though is the selfish women who spray self-tan in the competition changing room so that we all have to inhale it.  Hey, that should be in the peeve topic...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: