partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 12:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Natural tricks for a great hairstyle, make up, tanning .....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Natural tricks for a great hairstyle, make up, tanning .....  (Read 5567 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »

Tanning - what do people do?  I need to tan for next competition and it is a whole (and currently very orange) new world  Roll Eyes
So, exfoliate etc first but is spray-on or liquid preferred and has anyone tried "leg make-up".  It appears this is different!  Any suggestions or advice.  Thanks in advance!

I have only ever had two spray tans but those here  also like to use a product out of a bottle called deltone....I don't do Latin so I don't have to tan really as my dress covers me right up to my neck  Shocked so I generally only use face makeup.

If you spray tan you must exfoliate for two week prior to the tan and use moisturizer as well except on the day of the day. not shower for a minimum of 12  hours after the tan when you wash it off then use moisturizer again and ti should last for two weeks

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »

I've avoided this - I like dresses that cover my body Cheesy or that go with pale skin -  but sooner or later I'm going to have to tan too...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 08:10:59 AM »

Why are malakawa's posts about using gelatin in hair missing from this thread? Seems to me that's highly valuable info. I don't get it...did someone delete them? I wanted to read the details!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 08:13:30 AM »

Why are malakawa's posts about using gelatin in hair missing from this thread? Seems to me that's highly valuable info. I don't get it...did someone delete them? I wanted to read the details!

Wish I knew.  It would help if you could remember when you read them.  Was she still here?  If so, then she may have deleted them herself - she did take some of her things with her  Sad  By all means ask her on FB...

Only admins can delete entire posts here.
ee
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:36:15 AM by elisedance » Logged

samina
Silver

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »

Wish I knew.  It would help if you could remember when you read them.  Was she still here?  If so, then she may have deleted them herself - she did take some of her things with her  Sad  By all means ask her on FB...

ee
I wondered if maybe she deleted them. I never read them... I just read the thread here, and people have repeated responded to her mention of using gelatin, and have quoted bits & pieces from her postings, but her postings themselves (with the cool gelatin-related info) have gone missing. Sad
pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »

Tanning - what do people do?  I need to tan for next competition and it is a whole (and currently very orange) new world  Roll Eyes
So, exfoliate etc first but is spray-on or liquid preferred and has anyone tried "leg make-up".  It appears this is different!  Any suggestions or advice.  Thanks in advance!

I have only ever had two spray tans but those here  also like to use a product out of a bottle called deltone....I don't do Latin so I don't have to tan really as my dress covers me right up to my neck  Shocked so I generally only use face makeup.

If you spray tan you must exfoliate for two week prior to the tan and use moisturizer as well except on the day of the day. not shower for a minimum of 12  hours after the tan when you wash it off then use moisturizer again and ti should last for two weeks

Thanks!

Dance like you're going to fall over
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »

ee
I wondered if maybe she deleted them. I never read them... I just read the thread here, and people have repeated responded to her mention of using gelatin, and have quoted bits & pieces from her postings, but her postings themselves (with the cool gelatin-related info) have gone missing. Sad

I think she did that herself..... Undecided

Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »

bummer. was the first time i heard reference to that information.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »

Get super Braun tanning liquid, this works the best and dries very fast. Start this 2 days before comp, do a light layer, then the night before comp do another layer for the toasty comp look. For face, you can use bronzer.

I think super Braun also goes on nicely on legs, I don’t use a lot for legs since I dance only standard. Super braun is expensive, cost like $36 per bottle, if you want to save money, you can get cheaper drug store ones like Neutrogena, but these drug store products take forever to show tanning effect, usually for me 2 layer of super braun I’m ready for comp look, but drug stores products I need at least 5 or 6 layers, very time-consuming for very little effect. I usually go for Super braun since I’m short of time and patience. Lol…

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

[hi there SD!! haven't seen you for a bit ...]

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:53 AM »

yes greetings,  Grin

Dance Forum
pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »

Get super Braun tanning liquid, this works the best and dries very fast. Start this 2 days before comp, do a light layer, then the night before comp do another layer for the toasty comp look. For face, you can use bronzer.

I think super Braun also goes on nicely on legs, I don’t use a lot for legs since I dance only standard. Super braun is expensive, cost like $36 per bottle, if you want to save money, you can get cheaper drug store ones like Neutrogena, but these drug store products take forever to show tanning effect, usually for me 2 layer of super braun I’m ready for comp look, but drug stores products I need at least 5 or 6 layers, very time-consuming for very little effect. I usually go for Super braun since I’m short of time and patience. Lol…

Thank you - am not sure if I will be able to get hold of super Braun in time but have been told that eg L'Oreal Sublime is good enough if you are patient!  Am hoping that I can get away with a 'light tan' as otherwise not sure how I am going to explain my sudden new colouration at work  Shocked

How does one avoid streaks etc - my first trial wasn't too bad after I applied the liquid tan on top of the spray (extremely streaky), but not perfect?

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2010, 08:38:11 AM »

I have found using the palms of my hands  better than using my fingers...I don't have any streaks

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »

...or brown finger tips Cheesy

pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

Eek - a bit paw like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: