partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 05:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Hello...new here
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello...new here  (Read 906 times)
Luv2Rumba
Newcomer

« on: April 08, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »

Hi......thanks Elise for asking me to post and say hello.  I am not much for chatting away, but here goes.
I was invited by Rugby and joined PDO last April.  My hubby and I started dancing about five years ago at Fred Astaire Studios when we became "empty nesters." I asked him to take the four free introductory lessons and if he didn't like it, we could stop. Well, the instructors there were great and taught us the love of dance and we both have been hooked on it ever since.  We were there for a little less than a year when we discovered a club in town that taught International Style and joined them instead.  Got to say it was alot easier on the wallet!  So, we took lessons from there up until December 2009 when we decided that we needed to improve our technique more than we needed to learn new steps every week.  We are practicing 2/3 times a week now and getting very good help from friends to improve on what we already have.  I am 4' 10" and he is 5' 10" so we are also learning how to adapt better to our height difference.  We are only social dancers and we love to go out dancing whenever we get the chance....I think that the majority of our friends now are all dancers and aside from family, that is mainly our social life too.
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »

Welcome to PDO!!! Cheesy Glad you're here!

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »

great to read your story L2R - lots of social dancers here in addition to the noisy competetive types Smiley  But maybe we can drag you over to the dark side Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:24:15 PM »

Welcome in ^^
Nice to see more people with a large height difference...DP and I have almost a foot as well
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »

Hi and welcome.

I am the competitor not DH. DH is not a big dancer, he will dance socially if he has to, lol.

I'm hooked
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »

hello and welcome./... So glad you found your way to PDO. The common denominator to everyone here is that we are all passionate about dancing...wether we are social dancers or competitive dancers...

Enjoy having a look around PDO and ask any questions,  Grin There are many capable people on here that can assist you.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »

hello and welcome./... So glad you found your way to PDO. The common denominator to everyone here is that we are all passionate about dancing...wether we are social dancers or competitive dancers...

Enjoy having a look around PDO and ask any questions,  Grin There are many capable people on here that can assist you.

and we are all brilliant, personable and very very friendly Cool Cheesy
well, at least one of the above Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 02:45:07 AM »

of course
  Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: