partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Blackpool 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Blackpool 2010  (Read 6348 times)
dlgodud
Open Bronze

« on: April 07, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »

I would like to start the topic with bad news. Huh

It seems that Italians don't come to the Blackpool this year. Let's see what would happen.

http://www.danceplaza.com/downloads/plaza/Blackpool_FIDS.pdf

http://www.danceplaza.com/downloads/plaza/Gozzoli_FIDS.pdf
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:56:58 PM »

this is insane - but the whole dance world is rife with it - our own organization has 'sanctioned' and 'unsanctioned' competitions.  They have every right to dictate which competitions count but what business is it of theirs where we compete? 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:16:55 AM »

Oh I think this issue is so deep that I cant even work it out anymore, came across an article written by a Representative of the Italian federation and their feeling is that if you dont follow the Blackpool way and WDC via Marcus Hilton then you are inferior.

I am not sure what is going on but Please let dancers dance...this is ridiculous. Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:33:48 AM »

well thats bizzare - considering an itallian has been world champion for several years. 
Is the real reason that they afraid that Arunas and Katusha are going to win?

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »

well thats bizzare - considering an itallian has been world champion for several years. 
Is the real reason that they afraid that Arunas and Katusha are going to win?

he claims that the only Italian couples that win are the ones that have embraced the English coaches....otherwise they are not considered. I tried to read the letter but because it is translated from Italian to English some of nuance is lost and I can't follow it properly but there seems to be a fight between FIDS and WDC and a few other groups, I think that is where the Freedom to dance facebook group comes from.

I know that FIDS has banned there dances to attend Blackpool  as have some Russian Groups. Undecided

Dance Forum
dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »

The funny thing is that Mirko will probably participate in Blackpool, but he suggested that other fellow italian dancers follow FIDS decision not to go as long as I understood the letter.
This is just bizzar.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 05:42:53 PM »

I'm surprised that they have not set up a competing competition.... with all the italian and russion couples it could be quite impressive.  OTOH I wonder if the russians would agree to go to italy or vice versa Tongue Undecided

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »

well it would be nice if dances could just dance where ever they want...Dancers are generally not interested in the politics it is about their dancing.

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »

True

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 03:23:03 AM »

Perhaps its time we all just rebelled.  Thats the real problem - dancers are sheep, they only want to dance and hence are easily manipulated....

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »

well pushed far enough they make take a stand  Cool

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »

I think for dancers it is the worry of retribution that keeps people from acting.  It is already a minefield of politics let alone sticking your neck out for further payback for something that may be looked upon as unfavorable.  Competing is sooooo expensive and time consuming that you don't want to sacrifice all you have done because you tried to buck the system. 
Saying all that I agree that things should change and that the organizations should not use their dancers as the bargaining chip against competitions.  Perhaps there is a way to meet the needs of everyone.  Of course by holding Blackpool hostage the organizations may have crossed the line and pushed their luck a little too far.  Many dictators have fallen because they crossed that line in the sand changing the state from unhappy but tolerable to untolerable.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »

Yup, I see blackpool going on as ever - but without any italians or russians in the final round....

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 05:33:17 AM »

well some of the English dancers might be happy  as not many get to the final these days Undecided but in the end would you not want the best dancers to be there?

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »

Yes I agree that if I were the competitors at Blackpool I would want the main competition there or the victory would feel hollow.  I know for myself I feel this way at our competitions.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: