partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 07:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Movie Revuies - good, bad EEEK!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Movie Revuies - good, bad EEEK!  (Read 2495 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 01:05:52 AM »

Good idea.  I feel cheated when I have to pay an extra $3.00 for 3D glasses to watch a movie in a quasi-3D.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »

Last week I went and saw Salt. Loved it.

This week saw Eat Pray Love. Yeah did not like it so much. Not what I thought, thus disappointed and rather bored. Almost walked out mid movie.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 02:45:27 AM »

I saw SALT as well...sufficiently confusing, but pretty good.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »

BF and I went to see The Girl Who Played With Fire today.

It was very good - tense, shocking, funny, and suspenseful. It stayed fairly true to the book, though there were a couple of scenes (and the first 80 or so pages) left out, but they didn't make a significant different.

Naomi Rapaace once again played a fantastic Lisbeth...she completely nails the sullen, antisocial woman that Lisbeth is.

Highly recommended, though it might help if you've seen the first one, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The whole movie is rather violent, though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you don't enjoy seeing blood, and lots of it.

Oh, and definitely don't take kids.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 09:14:56 AM »

have not been to the movies for ages as it is very costly for those tht dont get discount.. I wait for it to come out on tv

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:21 AM »

Does anyone think Piranha 3D was a good movie?  Lips sealed
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 11:14:01 AM »

It was very good - tense, shocking, funny, and suspenseful. It stayed fairly true to the book, though there were a couple of scenes (and the first 80 or so pages) left out, but they didn't make a significant different.

Naomi Rapaace once again played a fantastic Lisbeth...she completely nails the sullen, antisocial woman that Lisbeth is.

Highly recommended, though it might help if you've seen the first one, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The whole movie is rather violent, though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you don't enjoy seeing blood, and lots of it.

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF READING THE BOOKS LET ALONE WATCHING A FILM,, sorr bout der caplsock

and Piranha movies are schlock Tongue

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 08:32:06 AM »

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF READING THE BOOKS LET ALONE WATCHING A FILM,, sorr bout der caplsock

and Piranha movies are schlock Tongue

How come? The books are fantastic, though maybe not everyone's cup of tea.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 09:34:36 AM »

too much gratuitious mysoginist violence... I have heard countless reviews that comment on this..the quality of writing does not in itself
merit the content.....

nastiness that people do, or men do to women, fiction or real, is no reason to read about it.
I dont get off on this sort of thing.

The books are not fantastic.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »

Book might be ok, the movie was sick!  Lips sealed
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »

Book might be ok, the movie was sick!  Lips sealed

Why write sick books when reality is just as sick. I heard a soldier talking about how he'd done a mercy killing of a woman; she been shot four times and disembowelled, her young son had been shot dead in front of her.... I wouldnt have voluntarily listened to this but it was someone's Pick of the Week.....

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 06:04:03 PM »

too much gratuitious mysoginist violence... I have heard countless reviews that comment on this..the quality of writing does not in itself
merit the content.....

nastiness that people do, or men do to women, fiction or real, is no reason to read about it.
I dont get off on this sort of thing.

The books are not fantastic.

Hokay then.

I see them differently. The violence and sexuality are Larsson's way of conveying his message. It's especially clear in the movie - horrible things can be done by anyone; killers look like normal people; often those who seem most suspect aren't guilty at all.
Both movie and books are graphic and disturbing, but not unnecessarily so.

Umm, I'll get out of English student mode now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:07:35 PM by Lioness » Logged
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »

movies like that are made to keep dangerous people off the street so that I can go home to my cat.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 07:15:51 AM »

Watched a French movie called Amelie today...it was beautiful.

Arty, kooky, and with the most beautiful soundtrack ever. Cutest lead character ever, and just so well-made. It wasn't overly Hollywood or anything (because it's French...).

Highly recommended.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »

Watched a French movie called Amelie today...it was beautiful.

Arty, kooky, and with the most beautiful soundtrack ever. Cutest lead character ever, and just so well-made. It wasn't overly Hollywood or anything (because it's French...).

Highly recommended.
Love that movie. 
Have you seen Babette's Feast?  Its subtitled.  One of my favorite movies ever ...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: