partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Competing when you are sick
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Competing when you are sick  (Read 1279 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »

I don't know that I've been in a comp when I was ill.  I did a comp once when my ankle wasn't right.  After the comp, it felt better.   Grin
Maybe you could set up a foot-care business?  Just do two rounds of QS and you will feel a lot better Grin

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »

I don't know that I've been in a comp when I was ill.  I did a comp once when my ankle wasn't right.  After the comp, it felt better.   Grin
Maybe you could set up a foot-care business?  Just do two rounds of QS and you will feel a lot better Grin

Well, I think I've told you the story before about how I used to have serious problems with plantar facitis before I started dancing.  Since I've been dancing, my feet are a lot stronger, and I've had no foot problems.  (Other than an oddball case of gout, which was quickly solved once I figured out what was causing it.)  BOT... if I had something like the flu, I'd still try to go and compete, but if I couldn't do everything, I'd probably scratch some of my smooth heats first.  Those are the ones that I find require the most strength and are most exacting about balance.  I can fake my way through rhythm with less-than-perfect strength or balance. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: