partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Pro-Am (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Cost of going to a pro-am comp
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Cost of going to a pro-am comp  (Read 2845 times)
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

You make excellent points Elisedance.  Quite interesting and some that I didn't really think of.

I can see where some might be possessive. I'm  honest, I suppose as I see it from a business point of view.  It is a partnership but a business partnership and I see it as if I owned a business I would do business with more than one client. While he works for the school he is still in business. It's still a business so I guess for me and this is just me, I sort of expect it.  As long as he does his job with me and the part I'm paying for.

Now the stopping part, that I can see to be a problem and fully understand that.  It's probably me but I've not come to that problem yet. Maybe I'm not high level enough or maybe it's the way he is teaching me.

But I do get that.  I remember someone at telling me that he is a teacher in the studio at a comp he is your partner.

I'm going out on a limb here and say for me this type of partnership works. He won't yell at me for screwing up although I've seen Pros loose it with Am's and I've heard of one Pro wacking his Am for screwing up. But that is probably rare. I like the fact that if I screw up I have no one to blame but myself and as my partner he has the patience to put up with me no matter how long it takes to get a routine.

It's just me. Sometimes I wish I had an AM partner, because in some ways I could dance more for less money? Does that make sense?   Oh I'm, not sure if i understand myself soemtimes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: