partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 08:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Band-Aids, Asprins and Splints (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  hypoglycemia?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: hypoglycemia?  (Read 3909 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: March 12, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »

Do you get wooziness during the day?  I am prone to severe dropsies after breafast - I even get disoriented but have no idea why .  Hypoblycemia is one possible explanation.  i just found this quiz and I score about 40% - not excessivley high but certainly higher than average so its worth a consideration.

http://www.hypoglycemia.org/hypo_test.asp

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:19:14 AM »

And this is interesting with respect to the role of caffeine (stimulates the adrenal glands)
http://www.naturalnews.com/012352.html

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

And this is interesting with respect to the role of caffeine (stimulates the adrenal glands)
http://www.naturalnews.com/012352.html
I'll answer this after a cup of coffee.... Tongue

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »

According to the test, I'm over 20% so am at a higher risk.  However, my problem is that I'm sleepy from about 11pm through to about 3pm the next day.  Left to my own devices, I can only stay awake really for about 6 to 8 hours, maximum, in order to concentrate on anything. Anything more than that is really difficult.  I haven't been able to find out what's wrong with me but it's really tiring to keep up with everyone else who sleeps 6 to 8 hrs and are awake for the rest.

I don't have mood swings or dizzy spells, it could be just that I'm the laziest person on the planet. 
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »

I can only stay awake really for about 6 to 8 hours, maximum, in order to concentrate on anything.

Have you ever had your thyroid glands checked? they can create excessive tiredness, although if this is something that you have experienced all your life i wouldn't worry, i would say that it is just how your body works Wink

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 03:55:03 PM »

Do you get wooziness during the day?  I am prone to severe dropsies after breafast - I even get disoriented but have no idea why .

I'm not quite sure i would trust that website, i just tried the quiz and got 25%, seeings as i do have diabetes that seem a little (very Roll Eyes ) low for a disease that carries exactly the same symptoms...
When you say you get wooziness, what does it feel like? unable to concentrate? sometimes sweat with the wooziness? headaches? shaking hands? and i suppose the big question is, how long does this feeling last? is it until you've had some sugar? or a little later after that? or does it just stop on its own?

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 04:12:30 PM »

it can last for 15 minutes or more - I've even fallen asleep on the table.  And I've done the fasting test for diabetes (my blood sugar is always slightly elevated but not significant).

ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 04:23:08 PM »

Do you need sugar to recover? if it is hypoglycemia or diabetes then once you get the wooziness and have some sugar after the sugar there should be a 10 - 20 minutes wait until you feel better...

Zac

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 06:21:21 PM »

I usually do eat some candies and I think that helps - and it does take about that long to work.

ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »

hmmm, if you think sugar helps it might not be a bad idea to go see a doctor and tell him the symptoms. Dizziness/wooziness is also a symptom of irregular blood pressure, though that does not last as long as you have said. Anyway, i think it might be time to consult a professional  Shocked

Zac

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »

I already did zac - he tested me for diabetes and we are doing some other stuff too. 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »

yes very god advice to seek help from a professional as some systems can cover many different problems so as a lay person it is very hard to tell what it can be.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »

Have you ever had your thyroid glands checked? they can create excessive tiredness, although if this is something that you have experienced all your life i wouldn't worry, i would say that it is just how your body works Wink

Thanks Zac!  I think I really need to get some thing checked.  It's been getting steadily worse.  I used to bounce off the walls as a kid and well into my teens.  It was only a few years ago that things started to get out of hand.
samina
Silver

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »

how often do you eat candies, elise? i used to experience drowsies and fluctuating blood sugar a lot, but there are ways to eliminate it, and getting rid of candy would be the best first step. diet sodas as well, as they mimic sweetness and have been known to trigger insulin release as well.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 09:29:02 PM »

I have the problem of always feeling tired and so forth too.  Have them check your B12 and Iron.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: