partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:13:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116448 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Dog Lovers and Dogs only
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dog Lovers and Dogs only  (Read 1448 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« on: March 06, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »

Well since we have one for cats (and now I have dogs), let's have a topic for the dog lovers!  Tongue

I have 2 little huskies at home now, a boy and a girl at 4 weeks old. They're so cute!

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=197580&id=513781210&l=b834b71256
samina
Silver

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:02:33 PM »

They are so adorable!!!!

I don't have dogs... yet. Have been researching dog care for the past year because have decided to get a couple dogs in the next year... Borzoi. Am so looking forward to it!

Do you watch The Dog Whisperer? I just love that guy, Cesar Millan. Cheesy
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 12:49:38 AM »

Can I remember a past dog?  Bridget... love her still Sad Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:45:52 PM »

we have a dog. her name is Ninja which is Spanish for little girl, she has been with us for 10 years and she is a sweetie. GSP (german shorthaired pointer) they are mad for the first years but they are very loyal. They also think that they are the same as you are. If we are away she frets.

except this picture is of a male ours is female but the markings are remarkably similar
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:52:09 PM by QPO » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »

Teddy, our 4 year old Maltese.

"It's not what you do, but how you do it."

"The Truth in Ballroom Dance is found in the Basic steps."

A.S.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »

now I think our dog would wish she was that small, she would love to sit on your lap!..she loves to lie on the bed with us...but she takes up all the spare space Shocked

Dance Forum
pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:22 AM »

Teddy thinks he's a lot bigger than he is, although he is only 6 pounds. When he was taking group doggy obedience school, other big dogs would run up to Teddy, but he would hold his ground and they would then just sniff each other. Interesting how dogs know each other.

"It's not what you do, but how you do it."

"The Truth in Ballroom Dance is found in the Basic steps."

A.S.
samina
Silver

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »

enjoyed the pix... nice-looking dogs! pruthe, your maltese looks like a stuff animal come to life. Smiley

was at the park yesterday and so enjoyed all the dog energy! buncha happee-happee dogs out with their owners! was fun to see which ones were walking their dogs... and which ones were walking their owners! Wink
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »

I used to have a dog, well okay, a little person in a fur outfit.  His name was Tokey and he died of old age at 17.  He went everywhere with us and was about the best most intelligent dog you could hope for.  Tokey belonged to my cousin and her boyfirend who turned out to be a drug dealer (hence the name Tokey) that beat the hell out of Tokey from a puppy until he was 8 months old when my brother got him off my cousin and brought him home.  When I met my cousin's low life boyfriend I told him that if I ever saw him crossing the road I would not only run him over but back up and run him over again. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 12:15:31 AM »

I have no idea why people think they can treat animals that way...you hope that they get their just rewards  Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »

Yes, that is true.  I cannot work somewhere like the Humane Society because I know I would go after those people.  I would not hurt them but make their life so miserable that they would rather that I just did beat them up.  I cannot abide by people who hurt or take advantage of anything.  I was going to be a police officer but my mother told me that I would last two weeks.  She was probably right. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 10:52:49 PM »

Poor liitle Tokey.  My cousin told us the drug jerk would pick him up by the hind leg and swing him around like a lasso.  It wrecked up his little knee joint though it got somewhat better as he got older.  She said he would hide under the couch all the time and was so scared that if anyone raised their voice he would shake and pee.  When we got him it took him awhile to realize that we were not going to beat him up in a drug rage.  We would try and not react if he did pee and tried not to force him to be out with everyone.  If anyone yelled down the stairs to call someone up from the basement for supper he would pee and crawl under the couch.  We ignored it and would be more careful.  Years later my cousin saw him again and could not believe how different he was.  He was a completely different (and totally spoiled dog) from when she had him.  I asked her how she could let it go on for so long.  I found out later that he would beat her up too and when she was nine months preganant he threw her out of the car out in the country and she rolled into a ditch and got knocked out.  A farmer found her and drug jerk was charged. 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 12:37:22 AM »

having said that when my dog goes she wont be replaced. we are so busy and feel guilty when she is left on her own for too long she really loves the company  Undecided

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 12:54:25 AM »

I know what you mean.  I would love to have another dog but I'm not at home enough and it would not be fair.  With my two cat boys they keep each other company and can use a litter box.  Of course if I got a small dog I would certainly litter train it for times when I know I am going to be late.  I have known two people who have done this.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 02:55:59 AM »

you know my dog and cat are in cahoots with each other.  every day at 3.45 they think they should have good, so the cat starts meowing and looks at the dog and say well you too so then she start barking and this continues until food has been served. Roll Eyes and yes at the same time every day.

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: