partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 04:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116448 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  UK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: UK  (Read 8372 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 02:20:19 AM »

Bon voyage!!

Please do keep us updated on their progress.
Are they going to be dancing full time?  Or do they have other occupations?

ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 03:20:06 AM »

My son and his partner left for the UK today. They'll be staying in KL tonight and then on to London tomorrow evening. I certainly had mixed feelings watching them board the plane. They've found accommodation in Crystal Palace. Their initial 6 months trip has now grown to up to 2 years. They have their lessons booked with both latin and ballroom coaches. They are eager to learn as much as they can. I'm already missing them, but I'm so excited for them both.

Look forward to hear their progress, and what fun they have over there!
Definitely stars in the making! I like their dancing very much.  Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 03:37:34 AM »

yes I wondered about that myself. do they get a visa that allows them to have work, 2 years is a long time not to earn any money

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »

yes I wondered about that myself. do they get a visa that allows them to have work, 2 years is a long time not to earn any money

Yes they have two year working visas. I'll let you know how they are going. I had a call to say they're in KL now and are staying in the smallest room they've ever seen. LOL
albanaich
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »

They need to get out of the South East of England as fast as they can :-) It's the pits, and expensive.

Maybe we will see them in Edinburgh - the non-Ballroom dance capital of the UK. . . . .and one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

I'm sure they'll go to Scotland during their stay. My husband and I are both of Scottish decent (with some Irish thrown in on my side). We'll be coming over to visit prob next year too and Edinburgh is high on our priority list.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:28:18 PM by maccer » Logged
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 05:31:54 AM »

yes they need to stay where is is very affordable but close to the action, otherwise transport costs could be high  Roll Eyes, who are they wanting lessons from.

Dance Forum
albanaich
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »

Edinburgh is pretty much the non-ballroom dance capital of the UK, superb Argentine Tango scene, great Lindy Hop, strong Salsa, huge Modern Jive - absolutely garbage ballroom scene :-(

The Counting House on succeeding nights is something else - watch the 'Swing Kids' do Lindy one night and Argentine Tango the next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7sAWYxYTjc

I remember introducing the girl the long red skirt to Swing :-) I got her to defect from MJ. Know most of the people in the video. The beautiful dark haired girl at the end was my first dance partner for Argentine Tango. She's a fabulous Tangeuro. (I'm sure that's the wrong gender). . . . and there's Benji and Helen and all the rest of the crew.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:02:11 PM by albanaich » Logged
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »

just had an sms from Maccer to say they have arrived safely in the UK.  Now the hard work begins for them both.  Cheesy mm
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »

just had an sms from Maccer to say they have arrived safely in the UK.  Now the hard work begins for them both.  Cheesy mm

good for them, must be very exciting...it is at times like this I wish I was 20 years younger

Dance Forum
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2010, 09:28:07 AM »

yes they need to stay where is is very affordable but close to the action, otherwise transport costs could be high  Roll Eyes, who are they wanting lessons from.

They have booked lessons with Andrew Sinkinson, the Gleaves and the Barrrs for ballroom and Fletchers and someone else who I can't think of atm for latin. They've now settled into their flat and it was snowing today Brrrr.  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:37:47 PM by QPO » Logged
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »

quote author=QPO link=topic=129.msg64636#msg64636 date=1264588314]
yes they need to stay where is is very affordable but close to the action, otherwise transport costs could be high  Roll Eyes, who are they wanting lessons from.

They have booked lessons with Andrew Sinkinson, the Gleaves and the Barrrs for ballroom and Fletchers and someone else who I can't think of atm for latin. They've now settled into their flat and it was snowing today Brrrr.  Smiley Smiley

Sinkinson will be in Melbourne in March, wouldn't you think it's cheaper to come to Melbourne rather than go all the way to the UK?  Tongue Hehehe

Glad to hear that they've settled into their flat!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:38:18 PM by QPO » Logged
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »

quote author=QPO link=topic=129.msg64636#msg64636 date=1264588314]

Sinkinson will be in Melbourne in March, wouldn't you think it's cheaper to come to Melbourne rather than go all the way to the UK?  Tongue Hehehe

Glad to hear that they've settled into their flat!  Smiley

Andrew is going to be in Brissie too!  Smiley  They actually had some time with him here before the Aussies and really enjoyed the lessons. He usually gives you things to work on and you go back to him for more when you're ready. So he books lessons on a casual basis. Whereas, for example, the Gleaves will be weekly lessons. So we'll see how it all turns out. They saw their first snow yesterday.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:38:59 PM by QPO » Logged
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »

I have seen a poster at the studio I will see, he may be coming to Adelaide but most probably it was promoting in Melb tour.

Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2010, 05:27:30 AM »

I have seen a poster at the studio I will see, he may be coming to Adelaide but most probably it was promoting in Melb tour.

He likes Australia for some reason. Or does he travel to every other country too?  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: