partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 02:56:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dancing with the Stars
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars  (Read 2773 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

I am still stunned that Ty wasn't voted off.  I like him, but Lil Kim is a vastly superior dancer.

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »

Umm...Anna's dress tonight=STUNNING.
It was so unique!  I loved it!

BTW, did you see Katusha in the audience?

(Still cheering for Mayo though)

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »

Oh I'm rooting for Mayo too, I absolutely adore him!

Okay, new idea--a drinking game based on the bad notes the band/singers hit.  We'll all be so plastered by the end of the show that we won't care who wins!  Cheesy
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 09:12:41 PM »

I am still stunned that Ty wasn't voted off.  I like him, but Lil Kim is a vastly superior dancer.

Thats the problem with this show, popularity means more than skill in dancing.  Since more woman watch the men usually do better.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »

Melissa's cha-cha: That music was so painfully slow I thought I was going to fall asleep in the middle of the routine.  Seriously, that's slower than they play for Bronze American Rhythm at comps.  That was practice speed for me...
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

Oh I'm rooting for Mayo too, I absolutely adore him!

Okay, new idea--a drinking game based on the bad notes the band/singers hit.  We'll all be so plastered by the end of the show that we won't care who wins!  Cheesy
We'll all be wasted within the first half hour we won't be able to remember most of the routines!

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »

Melissa's cha-cha: That music was so painfully slow I thought I was going to fall asleep in the middle of the routine.  Seriously, that's slower than they play for Bronze American Rhythm at comps.  That was practice speed for me...
And there really wasn't a lot of cha cha in it!  Actually, I found both of her dances last night lacking.

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 09:23:49 PM »

Ugh...why couldn't they have given Mayo a decent pro to dance with???  Seriously...Kym???

And I couldn't believe what came out of her mouth when she made that comment about expecting the best from Mayo because he had to be top-shelf to be on DWTS.  Uh, Kym?  He is WAY better and WAY more successful as a pro than you have ever been, in any style. Roll Eyes
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 01:50:20 AM »

No news yet on our front as to when DWTS starts again....We have had one series for the year perhaps it will be the only one.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 12:09:51 AM »

Can't believe the result.  The person I thought would be thrid, won. 

Who was the pro that won the right to come on the show next year?

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
LucyDiamond
Open Bronze

New Jersey

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

I have to be honest that I wasn't that surprised by Shawn winning. After Monday nights performances I felt she had a very real chance, especially if you only use Monday night as the criteria. She nailed her freestyle whereas, Gilles was underwhelming because of Cheryl's choreography.

"I believe that we are never more truly and profoundly human than when we dance” - José Limón
-------------------------------------
"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." ~Anonymous
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »

Anna Demidova will be on the show next year as a pro.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

I have to be honest that I wasn't that surprised by Shawn winning. After Monday nights performances I felt she had a very real chance, especially if you only use Monday night as the criteria. She nailed her freestyle whereas, Gilles was underwhelming because of Cheryl's choreography.

The last two or three weeks, Gilles and Cheryl haven't clicked as well as they had at midseason.  I don't know what happened there; it was still good, but a tick off of their earlier performances.  Maybe just fatigue? 

I still think Gilles was the better dancer and should have won.  It's funny; the conventional wisdom about DWTS is that men have a better chance of winning because more of the show's audience is women.  And there have been a couple of past seasons where a man won when I thought one of the ladies was the better dancer.  But this season, the opposite happened. 

I wasn't suprised at Melissa coming in third.  My DW rips her constantly for her footwork -- all toes, all the time. 
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »

I liked Melissa (except for the all toes thing) but she started to bug me as time went on.  Maybe she was just too goody two shoes or whatever after awhile.  I can't put my finger on it but I was getting tired of her for some reason.

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »

I liked Melissa (except for the all toes thing) but she started to bug me as time went on.  Maybe she was just too goody two shoes or whatever after awhile.  I can't put my finger on it but I was getting tired of her for some reason.

She's too much of a cheerleader.  At least, that's my explanation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: