partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:54:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  2009 summer comps
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2009 summer comps  (Read 1665 times)
ttd
Open Bronze

« on: April 15, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

I am trying to decide which ones to do this summer. I am definitely doing Heart of America since it is so close to where I live, but I want to do one more before that. So I am thinking either Twin Cities or perhaps Millennium. Anyone has any feedback on those from the past years?
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »

Haven't done either of those comps, but I'd also highly suggest the Volunteer State Dance Challenge in Nashville from July 23-25.  www.volstdancechallenge.com (I think they're updating the site right now, but I promise that's the URL)  I'm not sure where you live, so don't know how close it is to you, but it's a great comp--well-established, great judges, good prize money, and in a great hotel.  Oh, and the Heart of America organizers will be there working!  Wink
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:29:20 AM »

looks like we've got someone with inside dope! Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:58:12 AM »

I have never been to Twin Cities, but have head it is extremly friendly.

Millenium is great!! Good hotel, nice restaurants in the area and very well run. Michael Chapman has a good crew
Manhattan is a good compover the July 4 weekend. The hotel is convienient to Manhattan, and they negotiated a good hotel rate. It also seems to attract alot of very good standard and latin dancers, since there are alot of them in NY/NJ area.

Nevada Star Ball in August is in a terrific 5 star hotel near the strip, but the hotel is so nice, you never want to leave!

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:51:48 PM »

The comp has to be outside of Region 5, btw, so that I can use my dancesport series voucher. This is why I am not doing Colorado Starball this year. I'll do this comp again someday, I loved it, but it's also in Region 5. I think Nevada is also in Region 5.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 04:35:18 AM »

We (pro) hope to be up to competing by mid summer or so - our first will be the Danse Sport du Montreal at the Bonaventure hotel (same place as the Classique - but more expensive in the summer Sad).  Then we might do the Manhatten dancesport the following week.

Anyone here competed at the Manhatten?

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 12:58:02 AM »

I have never been to Twin Cities, but have head it is extremly friendly.

Millenium is great!! Good hotel, nice restaurants in the area and very well run. Michael Chapman has a good crew
Manhattan is a good compover the July 4 weekend. The hotel is convienient to Manhattan, and they negotiated a good hotel rate. It also seems to attract alot of very good standard and latin dancers, since there are alot of them in NY/NJ area.

Nevada Star Ball in August is in a terrific 5 star hotel near the strip, but the hotel is so nice, you never want to leave!

We also plan to go Manhattan, in our home town, high level dancing.

We're thinking of Nevada, but August in Nevada is very hot:(

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 03:22:05 AM »

We (pro) hope to be up to competing by mid summer or so - our first will be the Danse Sport du Montreal at the Bonaventure hotel (same place as the Classique - but more expensive in the summer Sad).  Then we might do the Manhatten dancesport the following week.

Anyone here competed at the Manhatten?
I havent competed at Manhattan Dancesport, but I got to go and watch last year; talk about a lot of fun!  Elise, you would have an absolute blast!  And, if you do go, maybe I will see if I can swing down that way to cheer. Wink

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 06:26:28 AM »

[stage kat - I moved your post to the manhatten topic]

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 06:28:19 AM »

We also plan to go Manhattan, in our home town, high level dancing.

did you go??  obviously I did not Wink

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »

yes I did, although last min decision for dancing Friday night, and watching Sat night pro standard. Every year I go watch pro standard division for this comp regardless I dance or not, it's the top comp of USA!!!

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »

some of my competitors also plan to go Desert Classic this weekend which will be in Palm Spring, California, heard it's IDSF (1st year they make it IDSF); not sure about the attendance in champ division though.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 05:26:29 PM »

yes, I found your note over on the Manhatten topic too....

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 07:04:12 PM »

well summer almost over, not so many could be going:( Empire way too expensive for amateurs. $70 registration fee + maybe $100 for admission tickets:( last year only 2 am couples for champ standard...

Capital maybe full final, but I have to be on freaky bus from NY to DC for at least 4 hours each way:( so 8 hours travel only for a final? Sad

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »

Nevada is last one that any of my friends are doing this summer.  After that, hitting USDSC, Windy City, our FA regionals, FA nationals and Harvest moon, though I think I got two out of order.  ANd that's september on, not sumemr in my mind anymore.  even if a lot of that is still technically summer.  Smiley  I'd say Empire state and Nevada are last two summer comps in my book.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: